Average Density of Soap post-mixing/pre-curing

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapSAZItryer

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope you are well.

Does anyone have any idea what the density of their soap is post-mixing/pre-curing?

The reason I ask, is I am trying to calculate how many moulds I should make to produce x amount of soap. I know how much soap I need to produce, i.e., final kgs or product, and am working retrogressively to calculate required litres of saponified liquids.

The average density I get for soap is 0.801g/cubic meter, however I cannot take this to mean the average density of saponified liquid to be the same? Although from what I can see from soap producers it there does not appear to be much shrinkage during curing/drying.

Looking forward to engaging with you.

Regards,

B.

Can't help you with the density of your recipe -- it will depend on any additives you use and the relative proportions of water to fats in your formulation. And also with the way you make the soap, especially if air is blended into the soap batter.

Yes there is shrinkage during drying. I don't know if it qualifies as "not much" or significant. Have you made soap and evaluated this with your own formulations?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back