Avacado Moisturizing nutritive and healing skin cream

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CathyB

Reaction score
I found this lovely recipe while looking for something soap-related. It has complete instructions.

"A skin moisturizing, nutritive, and healing cream is produced by blending a predominant quantity of juices from an avocado, cucumber, lady's mantle or burdock, red clover, and white willow and the remainder being lemon juice and anhydrous lanolin wherein the lanolin being the major portion of the remainder. The ingredients are blended to a creamy texture and the cream is massaged into the skin by hand."

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4722843.html

I found this lovely recipe while looking for something soap-related. It has complete instructions.

"A skin moisturizing, nutritive, and healing cream is produced by blending a predominant quantity of juices from an avocado, cucumber, lady's mantle or burdock, red clover, and white willow and the remainder being lemon juice and anhydrous lanolin wherein the lanolin being the major portion of the remainder. The ingredients are blended to a creamy texture and the cream is massaged into the skin by hand."

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4722843.html

I wouldn’t make this at home though... preserving it would be near impossible.

I also would not go by the advertisement for it. I see a lot of potential for skin irritation and allergies. While Avocado is definitely soothing with great healing properties, nope I am not prescribing, cucumber is astringent, so I would think that could counter some of the beautiful avo properties. White Willow contains Salicin which is a milder form of salicylic acid, which can act as an exfoliator so I would question its actual healing power in a balm type product. It is used widely used in acne and aging products. Red Clover can also be a high allergen. Anyone allergic to wool can be very sensitive to Lanolin and lemon juice stings. In my humble opinion, they are trying to mix too mix skin lightening and healing in one product.

I do not know how patents actually work for such products but it looks like a way to skirt FDA drug testing. They claim Lemon Juice acts as a preservative and helps keep the other ingredients blended together. After reading the patent application they mentioning Moisturizing, Skin Lightening, Acne Healing with a few other properties.

I used to make an Avocado based balm for my grandkids diaper rash that was spectacular and beat anything the doctor prescribed for my youngest. My granddaughter would get diaper rash unbelievably bad and after using my avocado-based balm she would be 75% better the next morning. My daughter would be amazed. It was one of the two products I always wished I had the money to have tested and certified by FDA. I still make it as a hand and lip salve for family. Actually I formulated the original balm for a customer on radiation who's lip was severely burnt and crusty. She took it to her doctor for approval before using it and he gave her the go-ahead to try it. It worked amazingly for her. When my granddaughter started having trouble with diaper rash I tweaked the formula a tad to come up with the diaper rash balm.

@cmzaha If you would ever consider selling that formula, please PM me as I'd happily pay for it. And I am 100% firm about not sharing formulas that I've purchased - I always direct any inquiries back to the formula owner.

Back