Autumn Harvest Fragrance

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGecko

Reaction score
Currently on sale at Elements Bath and Body

OMG...I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I opened the bottle! Crisp apples, vanilla, nutmeg, sweet pumpkin and cinnamon. And butter...I can smell butter. And warmth...it smells warm and silky.

I haven't used it yet, bought a 1 oz bottle just from the reviews.

Ask hubby to smell it. Gave him just the cap as he is really sensitive when it comes to smells...he took two sniffs and grabbed the bottle out of my hand to sniff again. His eyes lit up and said yes. I just ordered a pound of it, I don't care, I WILL make it work.

Plan to whip up a test batch this evening...it's a little warm night now. Even though I'm imagining swirls of autumn colors, I'll go plain.

Product Notes: Cold Process Soap: No seizing, ricing or acceleration. Discolors medium/dark brown. "Apple notes are stronger in CP and pumpkin notes become stronger as it cures."

Based on your review, i ordered a 4oz bottle and it came today. Sorry to report that i hate it lol.

i couldnt pinpoint the smell so i looked this post back up. It was driving me nuts. I kept walking away and coming back to it.

yes, the butter. It smells like apples and buttered popcorn lol. Have you used this in cp soap? Does the smell change?

but on the flip side, i ordered a bunch of other stuff that im happy with lol. Now i need some new matching micas

Okay...I made just a small 1lb batch. Lye was at 80F, Oils/Butters about 100F. 1 tea Kaolin Clay, 1 tea Sodium Lactate. Dumped in the FO, gave it 5-sec burst, added the Lye, gave it a 30 second whisk, then thought I would SB/stir to about a medium trace since I wasn't doing a colorant. Wow...it accelerated. Not "soap-on-a-stick" fast, but fast enough that I won't be doing any swirls. Layers would be good. Separate batter, add color to each, the add FO one layer at a time. But I'll run another batch with a lower oil temp and see how that does.

Got it into the mold...used the 'plop' and bang method. That last bit though...it was thick and already setting up...could have done a mohawk. Checked it about a half later when I went to garage the next soap and it was definitely gelling; not so hot that I couldn't safely hold the mold. Out of curiosity, I was able to pull the sides of the mold away.

It's been approximately 5 hours...I was tempted to unmold as it felt pretty solid, but it still has a bit of chemical (lye) smell so I will wait. Oh...it's supposed to discolor medium/dark brown, but I'm not seeing anything yet.

Okay...I made just a small 1lb batch. Lye was at 80F, Oils/Butters about 100F. 1 tea Kaolin Clay, 1 tea Sodium Lactate. Dumped in the FO, gave it 5-sec burst, added the Lye, gave it a 30 second whisk, then thought I would SB/stir to about a medium trace since I wasn't doing a colorant. Wow...it accelerated. Not "soap-on-a-stick" fast, but fast enough that I won't be doing any swirls. Layers would be good. Separate batter, add color to each, the add FO one layer at a time. But I'll run another batch with a lower oil temp and see how that does.

Got it into the mold...used the 'plop' and bang method. That last bit though...it was thick and already setting up...could have done a mohawk. Checked it about a half later when I went to garage the next soap and it was definitely gelling; not so hot that I couldn't safely hold the mold. Out of curiosity, I was able to pull the sides of the mold away.

It's been approximately 5 hours...I was tempted to unmold as it felt pretty solid, but it still has a bit of chemical (lye) smell so I will wait. Oh...it's supposed to discolor medium/dark brown, but I'm not seeing anything yet.
Thats good to know. I hate it when it gets out of control.

Back