Quantcast

Aussie Swap

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Becky

Reaction score
As there has been so many of us join the forum recently, we've decided to offer an Aussie Swap.

For those of you who are unsure how a swap works, it'll go kinda like this:

1. This thread will be open for sign-ups until next Sunday night (27/9)

2. Once we know how many have signed up, make your items!

3. Send them to me by the 31st of October. I will PM my address to all participants. Depending on the number of people joining in, I would think we could use a 3kg pre-paid satchel both ways, but we will confirm this once every one has signed up.

4. I will get them all sent out in the first week of November. We all then get to wallow in the luxury of having lovely things to use in the bath & shower!

There is no 'theme' for this swap. This is a great opportunity to get feedback on something you may have been working on for a while, or just to make your favorite product for us all to try.

Drop outs are frowned on, but if you have signed up and can't participate for some reason, please let us know ASAP!

It would be great to have at least 10 swappers, but more is merrier! If there are any Aussies lurking out there, now is the time to come out and say hi!

As for your items, they can be any handmade scented item you feel like making for us, eg - tarts, candles, lotions, M&P soap, CP soap, etc. It should be either a full-sized item, eg a bar of soap, or a couple of 'sample' sized items. Let's try and aim for a retail value of between $4 & $8.

Please ensure that you send the same thing for everyone, so that when we are all giving you compliments later, we can all be talking about the same thing!

Copy & paste the list below to add your name.

1. Becky

Becky

Reaction score
Bumping this...

You don't need to be experienced - joining a swap is a great way to compare your stuff to others, get some ideas & feedback. I for one love trying other peoples items! :lol:

digit

Reaction score
Perhaps no Aussies come to this forum, thinking all swaps to be far away. Maybe you could mention it in the soap forum? Just an :idea: .

Digit

Edited to add: Put it in your byline in big red like Tab has it. Gets the word out. :D

starduster

Reaction score
Way laid

Yes I think that digit probably got it right about aussies missing this page.
Thankyou for initiating it.
May I add to all the other I love your stalls.
I am still preparing for this weekends market but may postpone going till folling month as I could be better prepared then and maybe a bit stronger.
Still the anticipation of it all is a lovely feeling.
:)

Becky

Reaction score
Good point Digit! I always assume that everyone checks the 'new posts since last log in', but as my DH loves to tell me, assumptions are the mother of all disasters!! :lol:

Becky

Reaction score
Hey, Sanghama, that's great! Now, if we can just get a few more to join in, that would be awesome.

Anyone? I know there are more of us out there! :lol:

starduster

Reaction score
Another Aussi somewhere.

There was another Aussi in Brisbane.I think she had a tag like the lazy Catta :? pillar and a robot looking thing ,but try as I could I havent been able to find her profile.
I will message her if I find it.I started going backward thru the members list but gave up after a looking at a heap of pages with mainly spammed names.

topcat

Reaction score
Anyone for an Aussie swap?

Hi Becky,

Have you closed off your swap yet? I haven't checked the forum for a couple of weeks and found your link just now.....I would love to be a part of it if I may.......as a newbie I really do not know what to do, but I am sure I will learn fast!!! :lol:

I make M&P soap and will gladly send some along if I can still join in!

Best wishes,

Tanya :)

Becky

Reaction score
That's great Topcat, I've added you to the list. Welcome aboard!

1. Becky
2. Starduster
3. Sanghama
4. Topcat

Becky

Reaction score
OK, we might close this list as at tomorrow night (Sunday 5/10/08 ). If there is anyone out there hesitating, or worried about being too new, join in anyway! This is a great opportunity to get some feedback on your items from other soapers, and to try other peoples items, compare packaging & labelling, etc.

It doesn't matter what type of item you swap, as long as it is a soap or B&B item that you have made yourself. :lol:

jadiebugs1

Reaction score
I'm not an Aussie but I just wanted to ask why you keep saying tomorrow night - 10/10/08, when that is next week?? Might be confusing others too, just thought I'd mention it.
I'd love to do a swap sometime soon though, I've never done one so maybe the next on could be for......Pennsylvania Soap Addicts???? :p

kwahlne

Reaction score
jadiebugs1 said:
I'm not an Aussie but I just wanted to ask why you keep saying tomorrow night - 10/10/08, when that is next week?? Might be confusing others too, just thought I'd mention it.
I'd love to do a swap sometime soon though, I've never done one so maybe the next on could be for......Pennsylvania Soap Addicts???? :p
I think Australians (like Europeans) may put the day before the month. She wrote 5/10/08 which is 5th of October. And I think it's already Saturday there isn't it? Which would make tomorrow, Sunday! :) I could be wrong.... but that's my guess.

starduster

Reaction score
Dosen't confuse me

:roll: Tomorrow nite works for me.
I live in a perpetual state of confusion so it makes no difference. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Okay so not everyone does.
Hows the weather over there .

starduster

Reaction score
Dosen't confuse me

:roll: Tomorrow nite works for me.
I live in a perpetual state of confusion so it makes no difference. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Okay so not everyone does.
Hows the weather over there .

jadiebugs1

Reaction score
aaaah, I KNEW I probably read it wrong...thanks for clarifying that for me. :roll: I'll catch on someday.....hope your swap goes well....looking forward to reading some feedbacks.

Becky

Reaction score
LOL!!

Yes, we write the date as day / month / year. And yes, it is already Saturday here. Just as a rough guide, Australia is 1 day ahead of America, but 8 hours behind. So, if it is 11pm Friday 10/3/08 for you, it is 3pm Saturday 4/10/08 for me. The time is approximate, depending on your particular time zone, but it's roughly right.

And, you're not alone with the confusion - everytime I see the date written as month / day / year, ie 10/5/08, I have to really stop and think about what is going on... :shock: