Aussie Question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been wondering where Big tree sources her oils from ,just out of curiosity,it must be one of the big American companies but which one?.New fragrances listed recently so more to add to my wish list.I might be poor but goodness my house smells lovely :lol:

My understanding is that Karen at BT uses several suppliers, one of them is Japanese. If you email her I am sure she will help you out. You can suggest that if you knew her main suppliers you can then read online fo forums where soapers give their experiences with different fo's?

Tanya :)

That's a good idea ,l didn't want to be rude and ask her directly but she is such a lovely lady she probably wouldn't mind.You have hit on exactly why l wanted to know ,l love reading the Scent Review Board but all l can relate to is Brambleberry oils because Aussie soap supplies carries them.
Thankyou
Pauline

Ocean Girl...you liked Manuka Honey & Lavender but the review on Bigtree said it turned subtle as it aged.I want a fairly strong fragrance that lasts for my oatmeal soap ,has anybody tried Aussie Soap Supplies(Brambleberries)
Oatmeal milk & honey for sticking power in Melt & Pour.
Thankyou
Pauline

Glad somebody started the topic going again l have been lazy and haven't listed my latest oils from Bigtree so this has given me a push.I bought some half /three quarters full bottles off Oztion which has given me a chance to try without buying the full bottle so l have been lucky.I wish somebody in Australia offered samples like Brambleberries does in the States.
I have only just made these soaps so can't comment on longevity.All used in M & P
Manuka Honey & lavender ..really quite strong but l can't smell the honey just the lavender.Not sure if l would buy again
Tiger eyes...Nice smooth sexy smell,husband loves this one
Brown Sugar and fig..too sweet for me,strong fragrance but oh so sickly.
Sandalwood Rose...This is a lovely smell,not to heavy with hints of both Rose and sandalwood but neither overpower the other

I have 12 coming :oops:

I really don't like Orange danish :oops: makes me sick :shock:

Got some from my last buy buit not used them :lol: :lol:

will report soonish lol

What a great lot of new oils Bigtree Supplies has,l am going to have to start selling up big so l can buy lots and lots...
Cool Water is lovely...l think l will use this for my man soap fragrance.behaves well in melt & pour
Pink Sugar....not sure about this one ,a bit too sweet for me makes me think of candy floss.I think it will appeal to the younger generation.
Lovespell..... not sure about this one either,l keep having a sniff but l can't put my finger on what its main attraction is for customers.(One of the best sellers in soap sales)
Kai ....this is a lovely fragrance ,havent used it in soap yet only soy melts
l plan to have a soapy weekend,can't wait to use my new fragrances :)

After trying to fit my new oils in my storage box and not being able to then going back to have a look once again at the new oils with the view to buying more,I have decided l think instead of a soaper l have become a collector of little brown bottles. :oops: .The signs are all there and now l have to admit it in front of witnesses l have a new addiction :shock: .Bang goes the retirement fund but who gives a **** l will be the best smelling bag lady on the street. :lol: :lol:

Yay you! I have a parcel at the PO (I wasn't home to have it delivered on Friday) and I am sooooo looking forward to getting it on Monday. I have a re-order of some fave scents - Kiwi Kisses & Macadamia Nut - as well as two of the new Pop Micas she has and a 15ml tester bottle of Earth Goddess fo to try. Here is what Karen says about Earth Goddess:-

A blend of juicy berries, wild mint and herbs. Very refreshing minty scent that is perfect for scrubs and spa products.

It sounds delish!

Tanya ,l think l would be breaking down the Post Office door.LOL I have been wondering about Earth Goddess so will be waiting for the verdict.Its cold wet and just about snowing here, a perfect soaping afternoon now if l could only make up my mind which little bottle to crack first. :lol:

pops1 said:
After trying to fit my new oils in my storage box and not being able to then going back to have a look once again at the new oils with the view to buying more,I have decided l think instead of a soaper l have become a collector of little brown bottles. :oops: .The signs are all there and now l have to admit it in front of witnesses l have a new addiction :shock: .Bang goes the retirement fund but who gives a **** l will be the best smelling bag lady on the street. :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh Artisan, that is wonderful to hear! I am soaping Earth Goddess on Tuesday for a soap spa party I am doing in 4 weeks time. I know your soap is brand new, but did you see any discolouration at all in your batter?

Thought l had better add some new fragrances to the Bigtree supplies postings before it disappears.
Supa nova..Wasn't sure about this one it has a funny smell in the bottle that l couldn't quite place but in soap its great and a big success in bathbombs
Cucumber Wasabi Ciantro..Quite different you sure can smell the cucumber ,does well in soap came out smelling nice and fresh.
Black Vetyver Cafe Type..My new favourite .l could sit and smell this all day.Another extra sexy manly fragrance that soaped up beautifully just a little browning but oh so gorgeous.
Candy crush..bought for the grandaughter for some Princess soaps,she loves it but its just too sweet to please me.
Drakkar...Another aftershave type ,a nice spicy elegant fragrance should please the man in your life if he is like mine.
Midnight Pomegranate...Nice and fruity but l think l will add some vanilla next time ,it just seems to need something
Well thats me finished for now off to make some more soap so l can buy more oils. :lol:

The thread has evolved from the original posting or l would have started it in the Fragrance forum.Haven't a clue how to change it :?, could you please direct me to the instructions on how to do it.

Hold down your mouse button and swipe the words of the post you made then right click with your mouse and choose 'copy'. Next, click the link artisan gave you and hit the post reply button. Then right click & choose 'paste' into the text box. Voila! HTH.

Yay you! I have a parcel at the PO (I wasn't home to have it delivered on Friday) and I am sooooo looking forward to getting it on Monday. I have a re-order of some fave scents - Kiwi Kisses & Macadamia Nut - as well as two of the new Pop Micas she has and a 15ml tester bottle of Earth Goddess fo to try. Here is what Karen says about Earth Goddess:-

A blend of juicy berries, wild mint and herbs. Very refreshing minty scent that is perfect for scrubs and spa products.

It sounds delish!

thankyou so very much. I need some more of this earth goddess. where to obtain tho

nz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back