Aussie Question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pops1

Reaction score
I have noticed quite a few Aussies among the contributors to this forum and since l am really new to soaping l was wondering if there is an Aussie Soap Forum.I would like to ask the standard questions l see asked time and time again on this forum like "Where is the best place to buy good fragrances or bases " but pertaining to Australia without boring the pants off the majority of this forums users.

Hi & welcome.

http://www.aussiesoapsupplies.com.au - nice range of Brambleberry FO's, several different types of base for MP, EO's, colorants & micas, molds, some different stuff too, like surfectants etc. Great customer service.

http://www.heirloombodycare.com.au - several different types of bases, EO's, sweetcakes FO's, colorants & micas, molds. Great customer service.

http://www.bigtreesupplies.com.au - huge range of FO's (498 & counting!!), molds, colorants & mica. Great customer service.

Hope that helps.

Thankyou for the replies,I make Soy candles and have bought from Bigtree ,she has the best range of fragrances and they seem to last and last,like you OceanGirl l have a long list of fragrances l want ,l especially like the reviews so you can see what everybody thinks of the oil before you buy.I am so glad l can use a computer because buying online is our only option in Australia, none of the retail stores stock soap supplies apart from fragrances which probably aren't soap safe anyway.

Yes - online is a life saver for soapers here!

My favourite Big Tree scents are:

Baby Powder
Buttermilk & Honey
Chocolate Delight
Coconut Bay (type)
Honey (L'Occitane type)
Kiwi Kisses
Light Blue (type)
Macadamia Nut
Tidal Wave
Tiger Eyes (DH loves this)
Tropical Rainforest (my absolute favourite!)

And that is only from the ones I have tried so far (lol). I haven't used all these in CP yet but in MP they smell pretty much the same as in the bottle.

Tanya

:)

Yep love these too

Tidal Wave
Tiger Eyes i have put this in a whipped soap so yummy

Don't like the buttermilk & honey :oops:

Kiwi Kisses this is on my next order humm
Tropical Rain forest might give that a shot too

I have over 30 scent atm from there i think :lol:

I love foody scents can ya tell

Hello Sugar is so nice in the whipped soap yummy wanna eat your self :lol:

Candy Crush great
Manuka honey & lavender to die for
Amber Moon lOve
Ice Cream Sundae can juts eat it lol very sweet
Bubblegum soo nice he he

Do have heaps more ;) but ones that stick in my mind and love
Kristie

I made some solid perfume with the Giorgio type and you can't tell it from the real thing.
I have just ordered Tigereyes to make my husband some soap ,have l made the right choice for a man?

Absolutely! My DH loves Tiger Eyes and it smells like an aftershave he used to wear when we were first going out....so I love it too :wink:

Why don't we use this thread to comment on any Big Trees fos we use and what we use it in - sort of like the reviews you can find on the website?

Tanya :)

Okay, I'll start....

Light Blue soaps in CP like a dream! So easy - no acceleration or discolouring - just perfect.

Tropical Rainforest - ditto!!!

Kiwi Kisses - ditto!!!

Baby Powder - perfect scent in CP - no acceleration, slight (very slight) beige discolouration in my batch.

Chocolate Delight - gorgeous scent in CP - no acceleration, discolours soap brown - very yummy.

Macadamia Nut - also gorgeous in CP - no acceleration, discolours soap beige - smells like you can eat it!

:lol: Great idea

I am a real Newbie to soaping so l have only used a few in melt & pour

Giorgio type..just the same as the perfume ..gorgeous
Anais Anais type..Sweet fresh and flowery
Dragon's Blood..hippyville and turns your soap a lovely shade of brown

I have just ordered Sandalwood Rose for my Mum who wanted a rose soap that wasn't too rosey :? if that makes sense l will let you know how it goes.

I also meant to say the Macadamia Nut in goatsmilk MP from Aussie Soap Supplies, after 8 weeks has only slightly tinted the base colour. Unless you compare the base with the scented one side by side you couldn't tell.

The only bad thing about Big Tree is that you can't buy in any size larger than 250ml (I even emailed & checked). Having said that...

Black Magic - Sweet & slightly sassy. It is 'my' fragrance, the one I use in anything I make for myself. Even if the girl I work with thinks it smells like lolly bananas!

Patchouli Raspberry - Spicy & fruity. It discolors to a brown, and I found that it will accelerate trace in CP. Doesn't matter, I love it anyway.

I'll have to get my notes out for the rest that I've tried.

Not at all! :lol: I'm just learning to take some time for myself.

DH & I have decided that we're not staying after this year, we are not suited for it. I don't have the patience for idiots that I used to have. This was driven home the other night when I punched a ringer in the mouth for being obscenely offensive. Not something that you're supposed to do, but it felt GOOD :twisted: Plus, I am permanantly exhausted, I don't sleep properly because I'm always on alert in case something happens, it's really wearing me down. I thought I could do it, but it's not my passion the way it is Dads, and for a place like this, that's what is needed.

So, we'll stay 'til December, then head home. I'm in the planning stages to make my soaping someback - deciding on my startup fragrance range, trying to decide if I want slab molds or log molds, etc.

Oh gosh!!! :shock: Better you than me for sure... :wink:

I have a great idea to help you make your soaping comeback......you can join in the next swap....yay!!!

I'd love to! Depends on when it is tho - no soaping for me until we get home in December :cry:

The plan from here on is to work hard, save hard & have a couple of thousand dollars to use as 'start-up' capital. I'm making lists at the moment - FO's, molds, equipment, colors, etc. Once I've made a couple of decisions, like what type of molds I want to use, and how many fragrances I want to offer, what type of products I want to offer, I can start planning my budget.

I told DH that I would be ordering supplies before we leave, so that they beat us home. No unpacking for me - first thing will be to pat my cats (assuming they remember us) and then SOAP HERE I COME!! :lol:

Becky have you soaped Black Magic from Big Tree in CP soap?
I read on their reviews that it accellerates like a bandit, and I haven't been game to try it yet, it smells so good though.

Chrissy, from memory it didn't accelerate badly. I had plenty of time for trying to color it black & putting a swirl in it. Try soaping at room temp - I use pre-batched room temp oils & lye at whatever temp it is when I'm ready to mix it with my oils.

It discolors really dark chocolate brown, right down to having brown lather! I just warn the customers about that & tell them that it's the price we pay for such a great scent - they are usually cool with it. :lol:

Thanks for the heads up Becky.
I have the confidence to give it a go now. I don't think I'll bother trying to colour it though.
It really is a great scent. I find Karen from BTS great to deal with. Very friendly, fast postage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back