Aussie Animals need HELP.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you please can help Aussie Animals that have been burnt in the bush fires by either making pouches, mittens etc and sending them in or of you can't do that if you could donate money as this is an ongoing cause to get animals back on their feet. I get so upset, people can help themselves, animals rely on us totally, so please, please if you can help the little critters out. Not just Koalas, but ALL animals.

Lewis the Koala - click on the 2nd video. Very Sad, so hard to watch but you need to.
https://www.ladbible.com/news/anima...om-bush-fires-faces-uncertain-future-20191124
https://www.koalahospital.org.au/
https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-thirsty-koalas-devastated-by-recent-fires
https://www.facebook.com/groups/arf...dti=2414894225229792&hc_location=group_dialog
( gives you patterns to make things they need).

:thumbs: I am crying just at this amount that was raised in a little over a month. Thank you for this link.
Also a nice bump for others to see and maybe donate even just $20 or $10 :)
$1,928,800 raised of $25,000 goal

They still need funds, or things knitted? I don't knit - but maybe some Californians who know the devastation of fires would like to help.

If you look at the last link to the rescue group they have updated info there of what they need, this is ongoing, as they need crochet, knitted and sewing as well. These fires we have are all over the state, it's not a one off fire, we have idiots lighting fires deliberately. We are in summer and it's hot, yesterday was 42 C.

If you look at the last link to the rescue group they have updated info there of what they need, this is ongoing, as they need crochet, knitted and sewing as well. These fires we have are all over the state, it's not a one off fire, we have idiots lighting fires deliberately. We are in summer and it's hot, yesterday was 42 C.

Arson!!?? Dear God in Heaven! Well, I can sew - is it really helpful to ship stuff to overseas? And I understand hot, dry brush, and fire - you all have my heartfelt sympathy - these are terrifying conditions.

Arson!!?? Dear God in Heaven! Well, I can sew - is it really helpful to ship stuff to overseas? And I understand hot, dry brush, and fire - you all have my heartfelt sympathy - these are terrifying conditions.

Sydney's smoke from the fires.

upload_2019-12-11_18-26-45.jpeg
ef676a782cfa4181891bd9d0b567698d11fbf808

Sorry, to tell you that Lewis the Koala was put to sleep, his burns were too bad.:(

@Relle,
I think my contribution will have more impact if i send money, what with the postage cost of sending a package with pouches. It looks like the koala fund is well funded.

I found this site, but am unclear whether this is a pet rescue or if the money will be used to help the burn victims. Do you have any insight into this group?

https://mkc.org.au/donations/trcqld

@Relle,
I think my contribution will have more impact if i send money, what with the postage cost of sending a package with pouches. It looks like the koala fund is well funded.

I found this site, but am unclear whether this is a pet rescue or if the money will be used to help the burn victims. Do you have any insight into this group?

https://mkc.org.au/donations/trcqld

From reading this site, this is a group for a specific area and also concentrates on adoption of cats. The links I provided are more general giving help where it is needed as the fires persist on a day to day basis. They are co - ordinating what is needed and for where and sending it there. The one you linked to I have no clue where the funds would end up, looks like a small group for pet rescue in general. There are plenty of those all over the country.

Thank you for that Nona'sFarm, I'm sure it's much appreciated.:thumbs:

More Koalas and lot's of other animals ( there was swan on the news) have been burnt in the fires down the south of the east coast, it's so sad to see them on the news, but a man has been going into the bush and getting them to help.
The news today, said that 550 homes have been burnt to the ground in NSW alone. Also on Kangaroo Island in the west half the Island has been burnt. Lot's of Koalas there as well.

Australia from space.

Facebook - Wildlife Emergency Response - Sutherland Shire and Beyond

Have a read on their site and look at all the animals - koala's sitting on a log in a lake, watering stations for the animals made by plumbers. Lot's of injured wildlife.

Facebook- Melina Illustrates - beautiful painting.

Update from the animal rescue group.

Overseas members of overseas (primarily USA) pages..

We have asked many times now for the USA craft guild to reconsider and slow down sending stuff to Australia. Nicely, on al the pages.
We have described how many thousands (tens of thousands) of items are being dumped on us... that people have taken it upon themselves to mass produce hundreds of thousands of items to send to Australia including large overseas production plants.
But it’s still being ignored. We are getting claims that this is a conspiracy… that we are doing this for all alterior motives… It’s not it’s pure mathematics there is too much craft and not enough places for it to go.
The various Facebook groups are saying they know where to send things.
Today we found out where that is as hundreds of items turned up in the post at our hubs.
This is one of the stamps. This is $222 USD to post some sheets. We have thousands of sheets. We have tens of thousands of bat wraps, hundreds of thousands of balls.

When we saw this we were horrified. Someone beautiful and caring put this together for us, probably scraping together their last spare change and wanting to believe in this. And it is being wasted. We cannot let people waste their money and time like this. The team feels incredible guilt knowing people are being told to keep doing this.
So now to change the narrative
If the group you belong to is telling you to keep making product to send to Australia because we need a lot more they are complicit in abuse of our wildlife . . they are taking the time and resources away from the teams that are trying to feed them... into managing craft overstocks.
If they are asking for you to pay expensive postage like this, they are wasting your money that could be donated into actual food. Yo can donate to buy food here MKC.org.au/donations/arcworld
If they are asking you to believe that a country with such a small population as Australia, facing a mass population wipeout of our wildlife and resources ... can now manage hundreds of thousands of Joey pouches it’s just plain wrong.
Nearly everything coming out of the bush is dead and what is surviving does not need 20 thousand kangaroo pouches, it needs food and medicine.

You cannot feed animals craft

This is now no longer funny. This is creating a bigger problem than they are solving and wasting money and time In the process.

Back