August 2019 SMF Challenge- Summer memory

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, here are my memories of summer soaps. It took a while to finish and dry, but I thought I'd post them just the same. I'll call them the "Jersey Girls". This may be a bit bizarre, but my fondest summer memories are of the days I spent on a farm in the Northeast Kingdom of Vt. We took our family vacations for years in a rustic log cabin on a small lake below the dairy farm. I was about 8 years old when I started getting up at the crack of dawn to go up to the farm and muck out the barn, walk the cows out to pasture, and just generally hang out. We usually brought my friends along, and we knew every cow by its # tag. (28 and 4 were my favorites) They had jerseys and holsteins.
moooo5.JPG

One morning my friends and I were sleeping in the loft of the cabin and we woke up to an awful sound, I told them not to worry it was just my mother snoring. We got up and went downstairs to find a huge holstein cow looking at us through the kitchen window. :eek: (sorry Mom) I still think of those days and laugh.
mooo2.JPG

mooo3.JPG

I made the sculpts of polymer and molds of silicone, sadly the jersey lost her horns in the mold. The soaps are painted with colorants (micas charcoal and titanium dioxide) mixed with oil. They took a really long time to dry. It would have been great to scent them with a new-mown hay/ grass scent but I didn't get an order in on time.
Funny-Closeup-Cow-Face-Picture.jpg

Back