Aug 2018 SMF Challenge - Dancing Funnel Pour

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I just got up about half an hour ago and just now saw this. I will try to see what the problem is. Some votes did go through, but this is the first time I've done this, so I am eliciting help from the Challenge Hosts who have experience posting the survey to try and identify the problems and a solution. Please bear with me. I/we will solve this as soon as we can and let you know.

I am working on solving the survey problems. The link above no longer works while I fix this. Everyone who voted before (there were only 2 or maybe 4 people who voted) will have to vote again because it will be a new link when it is corrected. Those of you who did vote, I assume were only allowed 1 vote and not able to vote for the top 3. I will update this thread as soon as it is fixed. Please bear with me.

I believe it is fixed. Here is the new link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XMD2TYH
Same password. Everyone should vote with the new link, even those of you who already voted, because those votes did not allow for the top 3, only the top 1.

Thank you for your patience.
Earlene

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe it is fixed. Here is the new link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XMD2TYH
Same password. Everyone should vote with the new link, even those of you who already voted, because those votes did not allow for the top 3, only the top 1.

Thank you for your patience.
Earlene
It's still telling me "3 and only 3"

It's still telling me "3 and only 3"
Its the same for me too, sorry!

Is this with the new survey link? Yes, just tested it and I had the same problem, too.

I am SO SO Sorry. We are trying to identify what the issue is and fix it. Please for give me. I have a tester to help and hopefully this will be resolved shortly.

Boy do I feel incompetent! Survey Monkey has been driving me bananas. First I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working the way it was supposed to be working, then it worked when tested, but not for the voters, then blah, blah, blah. Finally with SaltedFig's help we got it working and then the darn thing closed! But I did manage to get it open again. Man it's been more learning experiences than I like first thing when I wake up in the morning! And I still feel incompetent.

I will be watching every Survey Monkey tutorial on youtube that I can find, I can tell you that.

For the folks who received the messages with the survey links and passwords, please use the latest one sent to you within the past 15 or 20 minutes. Thank you for your blessed patience and tolerance!

Worked for me too. Earlene I think you are the one that should be blessed for your patience tolerance and hard work.
You know what they say, when life gives you bananas, make a daiquiri!
frozen-banana-daiquiri-title-compressor.jpg You deserve it.

Earlene, you have amazing patience! Thank you for all the work that you put into getting this working for everyone to vote.

And again, I am SO glad I'm not voting! I can't wait to see what you all pick :)

Only 4 more folk need to vote! I am very happily encouraged by this after all the problems with the survey process earlier today.

Because of the difficulties with the survey earlier today, I will leave the Survey Open overnight to allow the remaining 4 time for voting. I will post the winners in the morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone! It was such a fun and difficult challenge and everyone's entries were amazing!

Special congratulations to dibbles, Mischief, zanzalawi and scard - I really loved all your entries. I especially loved how fine Dibbles lines were - I'm not sure how you managed that, Wow.

Thankyou also to Earlene for doing a such fantastic job hosting and a tireless job sorting out the voting. I could feel your frustration and just wanted to give you a big virtual hug. Your caring shines through. Thankyou.

Well, I did it! Is it too late to enter? [emoji1][emoji23] We spent most of August vacationing at my parents' house before dropping the eldest off at college. While I often take a small "kit" of soaping supplies with me, this year I just didn't have the time to make my challenge soap. It is scented with BA's Sun & Sand (Yankee candle dupe) and was inspired by the way the light reflected off the bottom of the swimming pool. I had a second idea for the same technique involving oranges and yellows. This went so much more smoothly than I thought that I might try the other idea, too.
IMG_20180907_195422.jpeg

Latest posts

Back