Attempted Lard Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eggstravagant

Reaction score
Hi there. Been awhile.somehow got locked out of my account. But No Biggie. So...i have been trying to make lard soap...and it seems to come together with my stick ble der but onceits time to add fragrance or pour into molds the soap seizes up...i have wasted ao much lard in 2 weeks alone. What ami doing wrong? Also, was told that crisco does have good soap qualities if i wanted to substitute for lard.how true is this?

Sorry to hear about your soaping issues. Are you trying to make 100% lard soap? The best way to get good advice is to post your full recipe, batch size, oils, water and NaOH amounts along with any additives. Details on your methods and soaping temperature will also be helpful for troubleshooting. Is it seizing before or after you add the FO? Which FO(s) are you using?

Sounds like you have a seizing FO, what is it and where did you get it? Crisco is mostly soybean and not a good substitute for lard. Lard is generally a easy to work with fat, slow to trace and makes nice soap.

Latest posts

Back