Attempt #1 Pine tar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you ever have issues with getting the pine tar thoroughly mixed before it sets up? I was worried about spots of free floating pine tar when I made that.
I did have concerns at first, but it turned out to not be an issue. I was able to mix it well.

Thats such a sweet experience. The time that I spent with my grandma are my most cherished memories.

I haven't tried anything neem, I think it has skin benefits too? Onions heating up with that lye doesn't sound appealing.

The smell already has died down. Yesterday it was so overpowering I had to vacate for a few hours. I can't smell the orange at all but the BB mahagonny is coming through the most. I've only used the popular eos like orange, lemongrass, lavender, litsea cubeba.

Any recommendations for a good eo/fo with a nice strong pinetree smell?

They didn't come out as bad as I pictured they would, deeanna was right about judging too soon. Your suggested gelling saved them. I did end up cutting the tops off. The shape was this big U from shoving it in there lol the sides are ugly but won't plane those or else they turn into tiny bars. Some of the liquid reabsorbed but blotted off the rest. They aren't as dark as pictured, but a very deep brown.

View attachment 48044
They are lovely, for a pine tar bar.!!!

Latest posts

Back