Ash as a feature

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

reinbeau

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I think I used two tablespoons in a 48 ounce batch. As I said, I also added a touch of raspberry mica. Isn't that stamp cute? A Christmas present from a soapy friend :)

reinbeau

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I had another batch, I can't find a picture of it, Sandalwood Vanilla, where the ash made the tops look like tooled leather. Again, no clue why the happy accident happened. Next batch, same recipe, had no ash. Go figure.

CaraBou

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I agree, the ash really works on those bars. And so does the clay, the glitter, the top texture, the stamp...!!!

navigator9

Reaction score
I've had ash like that occasionally...it reminds me of frosted glass. It's not the fuzzy kind of ash, it's subtle and beautiful. Why can't it look like that every time? Very pretty bars. :thumbup:

Did you get much snow, up there? Here, it was about at the limit of what my snowblower could handle. Hope you're warm and dry! :)

reinbeau

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
We got about 15" the other night, and tonight we're getting another 6. It snows in New England in February ;) Nothing we can do about it. Gives me more opportunity to make soap!

Latest posts