As much as I hate FB...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lin19687

Reaction score
I just made 4 sales.

I was on my (not mine, one I belong to) Homestead FB page. I am not on here much in the afternoon unless I am super bored. It's my morning read with coffee.

Someone posted about getting a soap back in the summer.... Here is the screen shot.. that is me asking about hair and blk cloth. And I only asked because I just logged on and he just posted the question.
upload_2018-12-15_19-30-42.png

So I REALLY didn't think he was talking about me because he said 20 -30 years old... I am 50. I am told I look younger but not THAT young.

It was me which turned into a ton of posts, he telling me he is addicted to it and I also made 3 other sales !!
He ordered 7 soaps (2 of that scent) and I gave him a free bar with it. The other 3 people also got a free bar just for buying on blind faith. I only had 4 of that scent left so the last person only got 2 Dragon Blood but still :)
I am a happy camper ;) Even more so because he called me so young AND slender :lol:

That is awesome!! Congrats on so many levels.... 20-30 huh? Nice! You must be doing something right!

And others always see us differently than we see ourselves. I had a customer give me a gift bag yesterday. It included a men's t-shirt (Medium), which I'll use as pj's and a woman's tank top (Small). He put the bag together while sitting in our parking lot, just for me. I always buy Large for myself. The Small tank top fit perfectly. I love him! (he's young enough to be one of my kids.)

And others always see us differently than we see ourselves. I had a customer give me a gift bag yesterday. It included a men's t-shirt (Medium), which I'll use as pj's and a woman's tank top (Small). He put the bag together while sitting in our parking lot, just for me. I always buy Large for myself. The Small tank top fit perfectly. I love him! (he's young enough to be one of my kids.)

That was so thoughtful to receive something from a customer,that's never happened to me.

That was so thoughtful to receive something from a customer,that's never happened to me.
I know, right? Although, I did give him and his lovely wife a couple of soaps to try. He's in the process of setting up a shop that caters to local young people, with a black and white theme. I have a couple of soaps that are black and white that they thought might work into their theme. This was something of a thank you.

50 is the new 30! I agree with Misschief, people do see us differently. I've gained 30lbs in the last 5 years, and (new) people at church tell me how slender I am. I wish I could stop remembering when I was a size 4... Nice pickup on the sales and throwing in the extra bar. FB isn't all evil :D

Back