as a treat just for you?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krissy

Reaction score
the other thread about luxury soap stuff made me think, i know that all of us make our own soap but is there anything you buy from other soapers etc that is a treat when you want to splurge on something for yourself?

for me it is Tabitha's Mists. I adore her Concubine scent and get so many fabulous compliments when i wear it. i am trying out another of her scents now and if i could bath in the oil straight i would. :lol:

anyways.... do you treat yourself with something from other soapers/B&B makers?

I am always tempted to buy everything I see on Etsy, but I don't. I am lucky that my friend sends me a bar every once and awhile. I love the look of those fancy bath bombs, but I know I can make them! I did order some perfume samples from Illuminated Perfume http://www.etsy.com/listing/62750339/so ... et-of-five I like a couple of them, but really expensive. I spend my money at Sephora, I am a VIB. :oops:

yep! I get a Zum bar, buy from alchemicmuse on etsy, or get a massage bar or perfume from Lush.

I'll buy any soaop that looks interesting and different to what I make. I love natural soap with herbs, but don't make it myself, so if I see these, I'll buy them.

I have been so tempted but the one person's soaps that I want to try is Lynz's Arftisan Soaps but she doesn't ship to the USA. Her soaps are just absolutely gorgeous! I said in 2012, I was going to buy more from small businesses and trying other soaps from fellow soapers is going to be one of those things I will do this year.

krissy said:
the other thread about luxury soap stuff made me think, i know that all of us make our own soap but is there anything you buy from other soapers etc that is a treat when you want to splurge on something for yourself?

for me it is Tabitha's Mists. I adore her Concubine scent and get so many fabulous compliments when i wear it. i am trying out another of her scents now and if i could bath in the oil straight i would. :lol:

Ditto on Tabitha's soaps! And I adore her Concubine and Conservatory fragrances, only have the little samples she generously included in my order, am going to have to order these :) http://www.etsy.com/shop/SteamBathFactory I also love the fact that some of her proceeds go to help homeless kitties.

And I third wanting to try Lyn's gorgeous soaps!

paillo said:
krissy said:

Ditto on Tabitha's soaps! And I adore her Concubine and Conservatory fragrances, only have the little samples she generously included in my order, am going to have to order these :) http://www.etsy.com/shop/SteamBathFactory I also love the fact that some of her proceeds go to help homeless kitties.

And I third wanting to try Lyn's gorgeous soaps!

Tabitha is very generous when you make an order, i have so many things i want to try because i love her scents. i got a sample of Clockwork and it is a wonderful masculine scent that i want to dunk my DH in. :)

gasp. I had not looked at Tabitha's mists before. After reading all of the descriptions, I think Ray Gun sounds yummy. (funny name...)

do Conservatory or Concubine smell like anything you've used before? I'm bad with imagining scents from just a description.

oh, great, now I found the sample section. (I am looking through her site as I type this LOL!) ... this is dangerous! okay okay. I may have to get myself some goodies from there soon :) maybe next month in fact.

I also would really like to try a Lyn soap!

Sunny said:
gasp. I had not looked at Tabitha's mists before. After reading all of the descriptions, I think Ray Gun sounds yummy. (funny name...)

do Conservatory or Concubine smell like anything you've used before? I'm bad with imagining scents from just a description.

oh, great, now I found the sample section. (I am looking through her site as I type this LOL!) ... this is dangerous! okay okay. I may have to get myself some goodies from there soon :) maybe next month in fact.

I also would really like to try a Lyn soap!

for me Concubine smells like a bunch of different inscences and other herbaly sweet things. i have an eclectic store here that smells exactly like concubine. my 10y/o boy says that the people in there use my perfume.

At a health product store I saw virgin coconut oil soaps (only oil listed) and the bar was ivory and scented with Pina Colada fragrance. One of thiese days I'll just have to have one! They come in a box and are $7.50 each.

Maythorn said:
At a health product store I saw virgin coconut oil soaps (only oil listed) and the bar was ivory and scented with Pina Colada fragrance. One of thiese days I'll just have to have one! They come in a box and are $7.50 each.

oh my gosh, that sounds just HEAVENLY. . . Wonder if that would be worth trying to make....

Latest posts

Back