Aruba Coconut batch 2 packaged up for testing!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

Reaction score
Batch 2 is ready to give to a few friends to get their feedback. Scent is Aruba Coconut, made with some fun pink flamingo embeds and a hanger swirl. New take on my front packaging (cutout until my labels arrive), and eventually I’ll really label ingredients. The survey monkey QR code has worked nicely so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • A0A22C53-01B1-451F-9965-63BC9FD3293A.jpeg
    A0A22C53-01B1-451F-9965-63BC9FD3293A.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
Presentation: Like the soap. Like the Pink Flamingo. Don't like the 2 together. The eye is drawn to the Pink Flamingo. It dominates all. I would replace the background lace with black velveteen.

Logo/Label: 🥰
Packaging: 🥰
Tester Card: :thumbs: :thumbs:

COMMENT: I would be delighted to receive such a gift as this and happy to give feedback... honest feedback, if you catch my drift. 😁

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
Does anyone ever organize a soap exchange? Could be super fun…..
"Super fun" indeed! They used to be very popular! BUT. I'm afraid "Swaps" are a thing of the past due to the high cost of shipping.

In 2005 I hosted an INTERNATIONAL 100% OLIVE OIL SOAP SWAP. There were 9 Participants from the USA, Canada, France, The Netherlands and South Africa. At that time, the cost of shipping 9 soaps overseas was $11. Plus $11 return shipping -- a total cost of $22 for each participant. I can't even imagine what the cost would be today.

Also, there's a lot of time and work involved for the host/hostess who organizes the swap.

Reaction score
"Super fun" indeed! They used to be very popular! BUT. I'm afraid "Swaps" are a thing of the past due to the high cost of shipping.

In 2005 I hosted an INTERNATIONAL 100% OLIVE OIL SOAP SWAP. There were 9 Participants from the USA, Canada, France, The Netherlands and South Africa. At that time, the cost of shipping 9 soaps overseas was $11. Plus $11 return shipping -- a total cost of $22 for each participant. I can't even imagine what the cost would be today.

Also, there's a lot of time and work involved for the host/hostess who organizes the swap.
That makes total sense, @Zany_in_CO - shipping, sorting, packing…. Ahhhh, the details… 🌸