Arrgh! (a soapy ranty rant)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I'm doing some digging and looked up an older thread where someone suggested a food scale as opposed to a postal scale for measuring. I see the truth in it since one of my 3 recent batches came out ten kinds of zappy and I have a postal scale (I was a little hasty so it was my fault). It's zapping much less today than it did last Wednesday but I'm wondering if I'm going to rebatch this one. Should I just wait the 6 weeks and see if it's still zappy?

Yep, wait for a week or so. I usually gel my soaps, but I was making a small tester batch and did not have enough batter in the mold to heat up enough for gel. It was too soft to cut at 18 hours, so I ended up leaving it about 50 hours before cutting. It was still really zappy. It is fine a week later, though.

Nope. This is actually the only soap that didn't go through gel. And now, I'm going to moydarize (intentional phonetical spelling) a sibling for completely making me question myself. I knew I read somewhere that non-gelled soap could take a while to not saponify but it was only one source.

I'm sorry for the freaking out.

Back