Aromatherapy oils as soap fragrance?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanTay27

Reaction score
I have a few bottles of different aromatherapy blends and was wondering if they'd work for soap fragrance? I can't find any helpful information online other than essential oil properties

The label should list the EOs contained in the blends. If they are not harmful to the skin, I would think that they would work.

The label should list the EOs contained in the blends. If they are not harmful to the skin, I would think that they would work.
Thank you! So I should steer clear of anything containing additives, only the EOs and carrier oils then?

Do you mean that the aromatherapy blends contain carrier oils? If so, then they will be diluted.

As long as you know what EOs and carrier oils are in each blend, you can make good decisions about whether to use it in soap. Remember that any amount of cinnamon, clove, or nutmeg will all accelerate the trace of your soap very quickly. Other EOs are skin sensitizers so they are only suitable for diffusing, not for topical use. Do your research. :)

Back