Aroma Beads help?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taiaonaturals

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been searching high and low for answers so thought I'd ask on here to see if you can help me better!

I'm trying to make aroma beads..I've added the fragrance oil to the beads and they've been soaking for over a week now and they don't seem to be getting any dryer!

They've gone really clumped together, not shakeable at all, they're so sticky I could probably roll into a ball.

I've added 1 tbsp of oil to 8 tbsp of beads..I added another 2 tbsp of beads a couple days ago with no luck.

Any ideas what's going on or what I'm doing wrong??

Thanks guys!

I'm confused as to why you are having issues. Although I weigh in grams for soaping, I measure aromabeads by volume. I generally use 4 tablespoons of beads to one tablespoon of oil. (I make them one at a time as I need them--that amount is nice for a small organza bag of them). I use a large empty prescription bottle. Everything goes in there and I cap it and shake it or invert it periodically, and after 3 days at the most, everything is absorbed. I let it sit a few more days and then I use as needed.

I'm confused as to why you are having issues. Although I weigh in grams for soaping, I measure aromabeads by volume. I generally use 4 tablespoons of beads to one tablespoon of oil. (I make them one at a time as I need them--that amount is nice for a small organza bag of them). I use a large empty prescription bottle. Everything goes in there and I cap it and shake it or invert it periodically, and after 3 days at the most, everything is absorbed. I let it sit a few more days and then I use as needed.
How long can you leave them in the bottle before you have to use them or they spoil? Could they stay sealed in canning jars for 6 months before being used?

How long can you leave them in the bottle before you have to use them or they spoil? Could they stay sealed in canning jars for 6 months before being used?
I have left them in a sealed glass jar for over 6 months with no issue. I shake them before opening the jar.

I have left them in a sealed glass jar for over 6 months with no issue. I shake them before opening the jar.
Thanks... Do you have a favorite place to order aroma beads from?

I ordered my first batch from AAA a.k.a waxy flower. They are currently out of stock. Someone on a you tube video recommended the buyitshipit aroma beads sold on Amazon, but there are mixed reviews on them, so I'm hesitating on hitting the buy now button.

Thanks... Do you have a favorite place to order aroma beads from?

I ordered my first batch from AAA a.k.a waxy flower. They are currently out of stock. Someone on a you tube video recommended the buyitshipit aroma beads sold on Amazon, but there are mixed reviews on them, so I'm hesitating on hitting the buy now button.
I like ordering my aroma beads from Nature's Garden. We have never had a problem with them and the price is decent.

This might be something to do with all the muslin bags I get from NS...and the FOs I don't want to use in soap. Sounds easier than making wax melts. 🤔

We put them in organza bags, but I love reusing the muslin bags this way!

This might be something to do with all the muslin bags I get from NS...and the FOs I don't want to use in soap. Sounds easier than making wax melts. 🤔
I have a lot of fragrances that are no longer considered skin safe under the IFRA -49 rules AND I have fragrances that didn't do well in CP. I started researching what I could do with them... and yes, there is a list of options.

1.) Wax Melts
2.) Car Freshies with melted aroma beads
3.) Fragrance Sachets with aroma beads
4.) smelly gel
5.) Car hanging bottle diffusers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220101-011829.png
    Screenshot_20220101-011829.png
    304.6 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back