Are Your Soaps a Drag?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pims

Reaction score
I don 't know about you but I'm finding my soaps tend to drag along the skin the first time they're used. After they've gotten a good initial soaking and dried, they glide along the skin like any soap from the second use on.

Does this happen to you? Is there something I can do to avoid this?

Yes, I noticed that too. I think beveling the edges help. It allows the user to swirl the soap more easily around and around between the palms to get a good lather started. After the first use, moisture sinks into the outermost layer to keep it soft and easier to get a good lather.

Yep. I haven't sussed out whether it's a recipe issue, cure issue, or something else yet. I am going to let a set of soaps I made recently cure to 8, 12, 16 weeks to see if that makes a difference. Last soap made took 3-4 showers before it had the normal glide.

Also been meaning to mess around with superfat and see if lowering it makes a difference.

I honestly have never noticed it but then I am one that only has bar to skin when washing my hands.

Lol, I read the title i thought that you were talking about drag queen soaps, I was expecting glittery and sequened soap pics 🙄🤪
Me too! I think I once made a loaf in honor of Mayhem Miller's black barbie look on Drag Race

But to answer OP, I read here somewhere that it does take a couple of uses before the bar gets really good - see @Bubble Agent's comment here: How Do You "test" Your Soap?

Latest posts

Back