Are you on Youtube?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Misschief You have such a lovely speaking voice. Ever thought about reading children's books on video? I'd even drop in for that!
I have heard variations of that most of my adult life, @Zany_in_CO. I've been told I should be on the radio; I should read audiobooks; I should do a podcast (I have done); I should read kids' books.... I answer phones all day. :)

I thought TikTok was just for teenagers but apparently it's quite big. I've still got a MySpace account... I need dragging into the future.
I really resisted TikTok - children as young as six and seven use it all the time! But I used to teach a night class in community Ed about using social media for small business, so was forced to learn about it it so I could teach it.

My son jokes (seriously, though) that as soon as we elders (he's 50 now) get comfortable with a new-to-us social media platform (like Tik Tok, Instagram, etc) the younger kids (and he means the children or teens) move on to the next one because their parents took over. For example, the younger set doesn't use FB, then when the older set starts using whatever new thing the younger set is using, the younger set moves on to get away from their parents reading their postings.

Of course, I don't view YouTube as 'social' media, but I know some people do view YouTube as a platform for social interaction, or more to the point as a platform to express their own disturbed personalities. When I found my videos of my grandchildren (uploaded to my now mostly invisible youtube account) being stalked by a particularly disturbed individual who was making horrible comments on FB, I made my family videos private & stopped uploading. It's a sad world we live in when stuff like that happens. I rarely even log into FB or IG anymore as a result.

My 14 year old son helps me with mine - especially the TikTok.
lol, I don't have any kids, my nieces live in another state, and my nephews live in another country. I don't think any of them would be interested. I do wonder about my eldest nephew sometimes since he seems a bit technologically inexperienced given that he's 18 and I think it's really weird.

I know I am too late for this thread but it's better late than never.
I think you all should just start posting on YT. Nowadays unedited , more realistic content is what everyone is looking for.
BTW, I did just recently started posting on YT. Very few videos so far but I post what I can edit.
This is the one soap I am so proud of, so I had to post it.
I would love some support from fellow soap makers.
Also if you have suggestions for improvement, I am all ears ! 🙏🏽

My son jokes (seriously, though) that as soon as we elders (he's 50 now) get comfortable with a new-to-us social media platform (like Tik Tok, Instagram, etc) the younger kids (and he means the children or teens) move on to the next one because their parents took over. For example, the younger set doesn't use FB, then when the older set starts using whatever new thing the younger set is using, the younger set moves on to get away from their parents reading their postings.

Of course, I don't view YouTube as 'social' media, but I know some people do view YouTube as a platform for social interaction, or more to the point as a platform to express their own disturbed personalities. When I found my videos of my grandchildren (uploaded to my now mostly invisible youtube account) being stalked by a particularly disturbed individual who was making horrible comments on FB, I made my family videos private & stopped uploading. It's a sad world we live in when stuff like that happens. I rarely even log into FB or IG anymore as a result.
This is sad! It happens to a lot of people in India, specially if you are a woman posting something on YT. It could be a simple thing but they make it so difficult to be comfortable posting any content.

Back