Are you going to Scarborough Fair?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anstarx

Reaction score
Obviously inspired by the lyric.
However, parsley eo was too expensive here and thyme eo allegedly will accelerate trace. Eventually I decided on using a combo of clary sage, rosemary, and lemongrass eo.
The ones on the left are unscented because I forgot my EOs for the first time around lol. I used cocoa powder for the brown part and it clumped and bleed.
The ones on the right are scented and used mica for the red-brown color. It turned lighter than I thought.
微信图片_20200824095416.jpg

So pretty! I like the color combo of the ones in the left..

My cocoa powder does that too :(

Great swirls!
Thanks!
So pretty! I like the color combo of the ones in the left..

My cocoa powder does that too :(
Oh finally someone who had the same problem as me! I thought maybe it's just something wrong with my cocoa powder.
When I bought all my oxides I decided to skip brown oxides since I got a whole tub of cocoa powder from Christmas...guess it's time to pick up that brown oxide/mica.

Oh finally someone who had the same problem as me! I thought maybe it's just something wrong with my cocoa powder.
When I bought all my oxides I decided to skip brown oxides since I got a whole tub of cocoa powder from Christmas...guess it's time to pick up that brown oxide/mica.
I was just thinking the same thing when I was debating whether to get brown oxide or not lol... Not only does my cocoa powder bleed, it also fades, which I've read shouldn't be the case. Maybe I'll get better quality cocoa first before I go for an oxide haha

I was just thinking the same thing when I was debating whether to get brown oxide or not lol... Not only does my cocoa powder bleed, it also fades, which I've read shouldn't be the case. Maybe I'll get better quality cocoa first before I go for an oxide haha
Do you have carob powder available? If you were closer, I'd send you some, because I have a lifetime's worth of carob in my soap cabinet right now. I bought it for baking, but turns out I don't like the taste. Oops.

It looks and acts just like cocoa in soap. I've never experienced bleeding or fading, but it does have to be stirred or premixed well to eliminate ALL lumps.

Back