are there any effective digital ph testers?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candybee

Reaction score
Was checking out digital ph testers on Amazon and wondered if any are worth the money. Don't want to use strips cause they aren't reliable. Thanks.

For which purpose? When chemical pH indicators fail, it might well be that they are rightly failing, i. e. point to other, more fundamental issues. No way of measuring pH can be reliable when pH itself is not well defined, and gives you at best a wrong sense of security. Like for measuring too concentrated solutions, salty, soapy, non-aqueous liquids etc.
https://classicbells.com/soap/pH.asp

I would like to find one that is good mostly for measuring liquid ph levels. Some of the more expensive ones I found are professional laboratory grade but hoping to find one somewhere in the mid to lower level price range that can give me an accurate read.

Any pH meter (that is properly calibrated) is going to be more accurate than pH strips. You definitely don't need a professional grade pH meter but these will probably last longer than the cheaper alternatives.

Not sure if you have a Swiftcraftymonkey blog membership but she has reviews on a number of pH meters.

Latest posts

Back