Are soapmakers actually closet gear junkies?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. I have stopped beveling my soap as it is an added step that does not need to be done. Yes it makes it look prettier but I found it unnecessary. Note- newbies, if you start beveling, it will be hard to stop as people will now expect it. I won’t go into my FO and EO issues, I know I need intervention
I find soap much easier to use that has been beveled, the edges are just to sharp otherwise and harde to use. Of course maybe your soap edges do not come out of the mold as sharp as mine

I too bevel my soaps. I don't like the look of them unbeveled. Plus they are easier to wrap. They have a better hand feel as well. I find it therapeutic. I generally bevel while watching TV.

I started beveling my soap bars when, after I asked my dad for feedback on my soap, his only comment was that the sharp edges poked him in the...well, you get the idea.
:lol:
LOL! That ALONE is a great reason to bevel. Just so you don't have to have that conversation with your own parent!!!

That's why I like my milk cartons.. No sharp pokey bits to poke... Emm.. Things lol

But then again it could also be me needing that time to do something else..... Or I can be honest and say I'm lazy lol :p

Yey! I knew I wasn't lazy lol

But yes, I soap when he sleeps and then hit the bed straight after the soap is in the mold. Washing goes on when I wake next day so any beveling, if any, will occur while he naps during the day...... Which is not very productive in my case coz there's a million other things to do lol

Back