Are my soap bars safe? Mica-fragrance and tiox2?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bilemiyorum Altan

Reaction score
Hello
I am using mica powder for colouring cp soap and TiOX2 and some fragrances .
The company where I buy these chemicals from is a company I have never heard before .
They sell all many kind of stuff for soap making (oils butters fragrance mold ... )
I have no idea about those materials safe for skin or healt.
My soap bars, they are full of mica-tiox2 and fragrance.
I have started to make soap bars to avoid using factory produced soaps.
(Plus it is a nice hobby for me , makes me focused out of problems and feel good)
But now I lost myself in rainbow colours and fragrances .
What do you think about that?
Should I stop using mica-fragrance-tiox2?

Hello
I am using mica powder for colouring cp soap and TiOX2 and some fragrances .
The company where I buy these chemicals from is a company I have never heard before .
They sell all many kind of stuff for soap making (oils butters fragrance mold ... )
I have no idea about those materials safe for skin or healt.
My soap bars, they are full of mica-tiox2 and fragrance.
I have started to make soap bars to avoid using factory produced soaps.
(Plus it is a nice hobby for me , makes me focused out of problems and feel good)
But now I lost myself in rainbow colours and fragrances .
What do you think about that?
Should I stop using mica-fragrance-tiox2?
What is considered skin safe in your country may be different in the laws of another member's country, as we are an international community with varied laws pertaining to cosmetics and/or soap. In some countries soap is regulated as a cosmetic and in others there are some exceptions to that rule or regulation. So check to see if all of the ingredients you are using are within the parameters of your country's regulations for your product.

Some countries don't allow soapmakers to even give away soap to someone outsided of their own family without following the regulations set up in said country (or individual municipality within a country). So even if you are making this only for family & friends, you need to be aware of the regulations that apply in your situation.

For example, I can use anything I want to in soap and keep it for myself, but if I sell it, I have to abide by the various rules and regulations here in the US. And if I choose to sell it in another country, I have to abide by the rules and regulations in the other countries, and their's are not the same as the rules and regulations in my country.

As far as I know Titanium Dioxide is skin safe, when following proper usage guidelines. It is used in a variety of products here in the US, including food, soap, cosmetics, drugs and other products. I have not looked at the Material Safety Data Sheet for TiO2 lately, but that's something you can find online and read about any safety precautions.

Some of the colorants I use are not allowed in the European Union, so when you choose colours, check what is approved and for what purpose they are allowed to be used where you live.

Fragrances should be used at a safe level and if your supplier does not give you a safe usage range for soap, then I suggests using a supplier that does give that information. Many people develop or already have sensitivities to a variety of different components of fragrances, that making the best decision about how much of any given fragrance to use in soap is important.

Latest posts

Back