Are muted or no colors more popular then colors this year ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lobosolo

Reaction score
So I went to our local monthly indoor craft fair just to see the traffic and how it is setup. I found two soapers there and both were goats milk soapers. It appeared like all their products were goats milk based. So I picked up a bar from each. both had typical scents but the thing they had in common was no colors in their soap. Is non color or natural color the hot thing this season ? I dont really care for fancy swirls or fun soaps shaped like cupcakes, but I do like colors that match the scents in some regard.

I think it depends on what you want to pay for. A lot of soapers here have plain scented soaps because it's hard to get the higher price point for a colored soap. The soapers that do make colored soaps have a very basic soaps (3-4 oils and no additives such as milk, AVJ, silk, clay, etc) so that they are competitive with the plain soaps. To me, as a buyer, pretty soaps are nice but if I have the choice between a higher cost pretty soap or a plain soap that smells good at a lesser price... I'll buy the plain soap. As a seller/maker, pretty soaps are a creative outlet.

Scent and color is what draws people to my booth to start. Then of course quality brings them back. I see both at shows. I think people like the options. I also find that those who make goat's milk seem to be the ones that tout all natural/healing/curing etc in a lot of cases. I would loose interest if I didn't have colors and scents to play with.

I also find that those who make goat's milk seem to be the ones that tout all natural/healing/curing etc in a lot of cases.

Wow, you actually nailed it ! both booths had these almost "magical" properties in their labels and info sheets for their goats milk.

I have pretty colorful soap but I completely cover it with a cotton bag so the buyer doesn’t even see it except my goat milk soap is uncolored.

I like colorful soap myself but I don’t know if I would buy one at a higher price just for the design.

Back