Are butters effective in soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Nyknits - Welcome to your new addiction! lol I also have family with some horrible allergies and psoriasis and eczema issues. All of us together have discovered that - in spite of the strong woodsy scent - pine tar soap works amazing wonders! I have a brother who used it and made sure that was the only thing that he changed and his psorisis totally cleared right up! I about fell off my chair when he showed me, actually! If you're interested in pine tar, one of our members has the recipe that I used here - https://classicbells.com/soap/pineTarSoap.asp
What percentage of Pine Tar d0 you use?

@Nyknits - Welcome to your new addiction! lol I also have family with some horrible allergies and psoriasis and eczema issues. All of us together have discovered that - in spite of the strong woodsy scent - pine tar soap works amazing wonders! I have a brother who used it and made sure that was the only thing that he changed and his psorisis totally cleared right up! I about fell off my chair when he showed me, actually! If you're interested in pine tar, one of our members has the recipe that I used here - https://classicbells.com/soap/pineTarSoap.asp
Many , many thanks. I’ll definitely give it a go.

Everyone has there own preferences when it come to certain oils. I myself, do not like butters, especially cocoa.

A little shea is ok but I find it doesn't really add to the soap but at least it doesn't decrease the qualities I like.

I've heard some butters like shea, can cause reactions with eczema so you might run that by your doctor.

If you do want to try a butter. Make a 1 lb batch with 10% and see how it is.

I spent around $2000 my first year soaping just on oils, trying to find a perfect recipe. I finally stopped using luxury ingredients and was able to perfect my recipe with grocery store ingredients.
I like the $2000 your first year...lol...yep.

Latest posts

Back