Are all essential Oils equal?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRBerns

Reaction score
I was given an aromatherapy set with Essential Oils from Plant Therapy for Christmas. I'm not really into aromatherapy because I have lots of animals.

However I was wondering if I can use these Essential Oils in soap? Do EOs and FOs have to be a certain type to be used in soap or will any do?

I was given an aromatherapy set with Essential Oils from Plant Therapy for Christmas. I'm not really into aromatherapy because I have lots of animals.

However I was wondering if I can use these Essential Oils in soap? Do EOs and FOs have to be a certain type to be used in soap or will any do?
It's all personal preference with regard to what you use to scent your soaps. Some people prefer only organic essential oils and nothing else.

The oils you have will be fine in soap. :)

As long as they are pure EO's and not cut with any type of alcohol or anything, they should be fine as long as they are skin safe.
Some of the EO's you find in stores like WalMart, Hobby Lobby, Michael's, etc., are not of good quality and can go wonky in your soap.

Plant Therapy makes great essential oils. They are my favorite brand, but as mentioned they are expensive to use in soap. You could use them in lotion bars and whipped body butter.

Latest posts

Back