April Soap Challenge-My Contribution

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aunt Polly

Reaction score
Hi, all.
DH and I made this on Monday. It is made with GM...frozen for 24 hours, and unmolded almost as soon as it thawed, because we couldn't stand waiting any longer. We call it 'Sweet Home'. (Alabama) The green represents kudzu, "the vine that ate the South"; the pencil line represents a coal seam, because coal mining was important in the state's past, and the yellow/white represents honeysuckle vine. It is scented with honeysuckle FO.
What do you think???

Sweet Home 1.jpg

Sweet Home 4.jpg

Beautiful! Wonderful explanation as well.
I'm a little surprised you didn't put a little clay in there ;)

Wow! That is a beautiful representation of your state! I love the description and the soap itself is gorgeous!!

Thank you all so much!! Part of the fun of soap making is seeing what everyone else thinks!! I have learned so much from everyone here.

cheers for Alabama!

Very pretty soap, love the description, and I learned new things. So kudzu has invaded your state?

The honeysuckle scent sounds wonderful.

I love the story you put to it! Your soap is BeaUtiful..
Love the color combos.
The kudzu part is so true. It's even eating up Hilo Hawaii!
I was shocked to see it there.
BTW~ I heard somewhere that Kudzu is actually edible, it that true?
Cheers..

I love the story you put to it! Your soap is BeaUtiful..
Love the color combos.
The kudzu part is so true. It's even eating up Hilo Hawaii!
I was shocked to see it there.
BTW~ I heard somewhere that Kudzu is actually edible, it that true?
Cheers..
I read that somewhere, also. No I have not eaten any, but it's got to be good for something! It's also called "Foot-a-Night Vine", because it can grow a foot in one night! We call the trees that are covered with it Kudzu Monsters, some of them look like dinosaurs.

Back