April 2017 Challenge Entry Thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First batch of coffee infused soap. Loads of fun! Next I'll add ground up coffee for exfoliation.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1493167231.614017.jpg

This is not really what I envisioned, but not bad for a first draft. I rushed to get something finished for today and was a bit torn over even entering it. I am well aware of everything wrong with it. However, I still thought my idea was badass, even if the execution fell short. I figured I would share anyways since I stayed up way too late so that I could cut it way too soon.

The colors were intended to be red, white, and black. I went too fast, They merged into a marbled pink. (I am not a pink person!) Micas used were MM Black Oyster, Nurture Really Red, and TD. The fragrance is Nurture's So White. I have been playing with this idea to incorporate more design with accelerating FO's. I'm not there yet. The nighttime, cell phone, bush-league photography isn't doing me any favors.

Oh well, I'll allocate my time better for next month.

Stripe 2.jpg

Stripe 3.jpg

Stripe 1.jpg

My entry soap includes striped embeds from soap I made with The SF Giants in mind. This is one of the BlackSmith Soaps I made for my brother. The main body of the soap is 50% new soap batter mixed with 50% re-batched black soap (from last month's challenge). No new color was added to this soap, but what started out as black soap in the pot turned brown when the FO Dragon's Blood entered the mix.

BlackSmith%20Soap%20with%20Rebatch%20-%202017April09.jpg

My photo disappeared, so for continuity, I am reposting it in a new post.

BlackSmith Soap with Rebatch - 2017April09.jpg

Latest posts

Back