This is not really what I envisioned, but not bad for a first draft. I rushed to get something finished for today and was a bit torn over even entering it. I am well aware of everything wrong with it. However, I still thought my idea was badass, even if the execution fell short. I figured I would share anyways since I stayed up way too late so that I could cut it way too soon.
The colors were intended to be red, white, and black. I went too fast, They merged into a marbled pink. (I am not a pink person!) Micas used were MM Black Oyster, Nurture Really Red, and TD. The fragrance is Nurture's So White. I have been playing with this idea to incorporate more design with accelerating FO's. I'm not there yet. The nighttime, cell phone, bush-league photography isn't doing me any favors.
Oh well, I'll allocate my time better for next month.
If you haven't already, please get your votes in! Survey closes tonight.
Next month, we will be having a guest host, our fellow forum member Khaystack! He will be posting the technique, the video and rules for May, so be on the watch for a cool challenge, coming soon..............
My entry soap includes striped embeds from soap I made with The SF Giants in mind. This is one of the BlackSmith Soaps I made for my brother. The main body of the soap is 50% new soap batter mixed with 50% re-batched black soap (from last month's challenge). No new color was added to this soap, but what started out as black soap in the pot turned brown when the FO Dragon's Blood entered the mix.