apple pie and cinnamon soap recipe?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vwerin

Reaction score
I have this apple pie FO from Candora that I want to use and I ideally would love to put in real cinnamon as well. Putting in my oils in the soapcalc yesterday only yeilded me 1.5lbs, is there a way to ensure you get 3 lb batch or do you just have to double the recipe?

Also I have read and heard from others that not all FO's are created equally, so I can't just put in the same oz of FO for all soaps of the same size batch, is that correct? I like to actually notice my fragrance in my soaps, so any tips are extremely helpful.

and lastly, the soap I made last night (Watermelon) I used a green liquid dye and it turned out great, however for the red I used a liquid iron oxides and it was hardly pigmented at all. I used almost the whole 30ml bottle!

Thanks! Really liking this forum, but was hoping there was a facebook group somewhere to join as well as it seems to be a bit more readily available on my mobile/phone.

:)

We have an app. Just search SMF soapmakingforum.

In SoapCalc, you can resize your batch. Take note of the percentages of each oil. In section6 of your screen, change it from "lb" to "%". Go to the top of the screen and input the ounces you want under section 2 Weight of Oil.

ETA: some FOs are stronger than others. Every apple-type FO I've used comes out pretty good at .8 ppo to 1oz ppo. I also like things strong!

ETA again: cinnamon can be a nasty irritant especially when used on "sensitive" areas. I'd skip it.

Last edited:
I'd avoid using cinnamon until you research more about using it in soap. I'm one who is sensitive to warming EOs and I would personally never use it unless it was in a blend. I do think your idea for an apple pie soap is a nice one.

I use cinnamon as a line in soap. You spread it really thinly so it wets up from the layer below. Wait till the layer below sets enough to put the next layer over it (or you get a horrible mess). It's a tiny amount so and I'm pretty sensitive and it doesn't annoy me. I can smell it as the soap cures but it's pretty light by the time you use it but I'm pretty sure I can smell it.

If you want a strong cinnamon scent their are loads of good FOs out there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back