Apple Jack and Peel Fragrance

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saponista

Reaction score
I just got sent some samples to try from my fragrance supplier and apple jack and peel was one of them. It smells lovely, but the IFRA usage rate is only 1.03% That seems like it might end up smelling a bit weak. Has anyone els used it, does it smell ok at this usage rate?

I tried applejack and peel at 3% last year before my supplier put IFRA guidance up. 3% was OK for scent, but I would have liked it stronger when it cured out. It accelerated a bit but poured well and I did a circling mantra swirl. When I cut it, it looked like it had riced in situ and looked grainy, so I would keep it cooler next time. My friends and family loved the scent and thought being grainy was part of the pattern!

I make up a blend using my Apple Jack & Peel (different name, but same scent) at its max and put in the rest as Apple and/or Orange. I still get plenty of those lovely spicy notes and a very strongly scented bar.

Sadly I can't use it at 3% as my cosmetic safety assessor wouldn't accept anything over the IFRA guidelines.

Thanks for the information on ricing Rowan, I will soap cool with it and at the lower usage rate hopefully it won't be as bad.

That's a great idea mixing it with something else fruity snappy, I have some sweet orange so I will try that.

Back