anyone want to pass on some recipes..??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
..hi there...come on folks..must be some wonderful tried and trusted recipes to share...??..:)

i am only so very new to this...i was going to try soap...but well that hasn't come through :lol: ....was told go for candles!!..so here goes...would love to hear from some people who do it and love it ....:)

peace and happiness...lilly..:)

candle recipes? not sure I get you. I use wax and mix in up to the maximum amount of fragrance oil that the wax can hold. Somestimes some color.

carebear said:
candle recipes? not sure I get you. I use wax and mix in up to the maximum amount of fragrance oil that the wax can hold. Somestimes some color.

hello there..:)

well i spose it is no big mystery realy. i guess i was referring to sharing ideas....different mixes with essential oils..things like that..seems to me that there is a variety of mixes that could be made in the candle making stages.

i am drawn to the wax tarts..and am thinking there would be a variety of wax mixes that could be created. i have some here that i bought..lavender...but don't realy have any idea how much drops per measurement of wax..etc..:)

i spose i'll just experiment..and post some back here myself..:)

thanks..Ocean.

ooooooooh gotcha. I don't use EOs in wax - they are too expensive for the less than spectacular results I get. They might work ok in melts but in candles... well be prepared to invest significant time and $$!

I don't bled either - so no thoughts on that. It's not a talent I have.

The amount you use should be at or below the maximum recommended by the wax supplier. It's usually a maximum of 8% (by weight) but it can vary.

carebear said:
ooooooooh gotcha. I don't use EOs in wax - they are too expensive for the less than spectacular results I get. They might work ok in melts but in candles... well be prepared to invest significant time and $$!

I don't bled either - so no thoughts on that. It's not a talent I have.

The amount you use should be at or below the maximum recommended by the wax supplier. It's usually a maximum of 8% (by weight) but it can vary.

great..and thanks for getting back to me.

actualy i don't fidn the oils expensive...they are quite cheap here..and for what i am wanting to do ....well so far..i dont' think it will be a big expensive...will be lots of fun...and am looking forward to getting started...:)...cheers....Lilly..:)

Latest posts

Back