Anyone use Vegemulse / Cetearyl Glucoside for Lotions?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nat

Reaction score
I am interested in trying out Cetearyl Glucoside - also known as Vegemulse - as my primary emulsifier for lotions and face creams. Has anyone ever used this before? Any feedback and/or tips? Let me know your experiences, please! (usage rate, solubility, stability, etc.!)

Thank you!

Hi Nao. Thanks for responding. Unfortunately, Ritamulse and Cetearyl Glucoside (known as Vegemulse on IngredientsToDieFor) are not the same thing. The INCI of Ritamulse is Glyceryl Stearate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate and the INCI for Vegemulse is simply Cetearyl Glucoside.

I was hoping to hear from anyone who has used Cetearyl Glucoside as an emulsifier for lotions! Anyone?

Sorry if this wasn't clear before! Here is the link of the product to which I was referring! Click here for Vegemulse/Cetearyl Glucoside!

I am using a lot ot that and I love it, it gives you dry feeling so you can use heavier oils. The best in hand cream. it is kind of tricky to work with but I like it a lot. it gives you a very nice emulsion. I also use it in emulsified sugar scrub the feel like BMTS-50 but much cheaper

Back