Anyone Use Mica?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian0523

Reaction score
I have mica I was thinking about mixing into my soap.

I'm sure one of you has triend this - does it leave a glittery look on the skin after you use the soap? That would be not good.

Also, can I mix the dry mica into the soap batter, or do I need to mix with oil or water before adding to my batter.

So many ideas - so many questions.

I HATE screwing up a batch, cuz it's like money down the drain, and feels so wasteful and depressing.

Also, can I mix the dry mica into the soap batter, or do I need to mix with oil or water before adding to my batter.

So many ideas - so many questions.

I HATE screwing up a batch, cuz it's like money down the drain, and feels so wasteful and depressing.[/quote]

You didn't say whether you were doing MP or CP, either way I seperate a little soap batch and add and mix really well....

I like to use mica in a swirl, very pretty and I don't notice that it makes me sparkle any more than I usually do! ::sorry, couldn't resist::

And don't feel bad, and certainly not depressed, about screwing up a batch! Some of my biggest learning breakthroughs came about after a super yucko batch. It's all about experimenting.

The mica should rinse off the skin w/o leaving any sparkle.

I have added mica to lotion WANTING to leave sparkle. You have to use a small ton to get it to make you shimmer even w/ a leave on product like lotion.

I have added it at light trace in my soap and havn't noticed any sparkles on me after bathing/showering.

Back