Anyone try Oats Overnight? Do you like it? Tips/Tricks?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerelife

Reaction score
I don't mean overnight oats recipes, but the company Oats Overnight with all the crazy flavors for 'drinkable' oatmeal shakes. I just bought the 24 pack and I'm a little nervous! I watched some youtube reviews that were pretty hit or miss. I'll be going to a new schedule in a few weeks and I love the idea of a healthy breakfast that I can drink on my 1+ hour commute to my hospital instead of getting up earlier to make breakfast at home. Plus these have a decent amount of protein - something sorely lacking in my work lunches since I usually only eat steamed veggies with rice, or rice noodle ramen with mushrooms and onions.
One of the biggest things in the reviews that concerns me is that some of the flavors are too thick to to drink from the shaker and need to be eaten with a spoon. But which ones?? If I knew, maybe I could add more almond milk to those flavors? Anyone have any tips or tricks?
https://www.oatsovernight.com/

It looks interesting but I tend not to trust anything with monk fruit or stevia in it.

Edit- this stuff has sucrolose a and acesuflame potassium in some flavors. That elevates this to a hard no, I will never try this product. Migraines would be imminent.

Last edited:
Update: So far I LOVE this stuff!! I haven't started my new work hours yet but I have been trying it out during my commute. It's kind of like a chewy smoothie (and I know that sounds weird) but in a good way. It's oddly satisfying to chew on the tender oats and pieces of fruit/carob or dark chocolate bits/whatever is in that particular flavor along with the slightly crunchy chia and creamy liquid. I really like that it keeps hunger at bay for several hours without a sugar crash. I'm a little obsessed honestly - Zero regrets on this purchase and I've already signed up for the subscription service!!
@glendam - I've been keeping an eye on it in the fridge before I go to bed. So far the flavors have mostly played nice, but if it looks like it's getting a little too thick, I add a bit more almond milk.
@Arimara - I totally get why this would be a hard pass for you! We've grown our own stevia for years and I don't have any food sensitivities so those ingredients aren't problematic for me in the least.

Thanks for the update! Would you let let me know if you see that they come out with a dairy-free, sucralose-free version?

Meanwhile, because I can't do the whey or the sucralose (migraines), I am going to play with recreating this at home. It sounds like a nice break from the more typical fruit smoothies. I always toss greens in mine, as well, because that helps me get in a few servings of greens while hiding the flavor, but I'm not sure I'd try that with this. It sounds so delicious as-is, and I have most of the ingredients, including stevia and powdered monk fruit.

@AliOop I eat so many leafy greens I don't even bother to hide them in smoothies anymore,lol! When I was a vendor at a weekly organic farmer's market we used to barter at the end of the day and I learned that you can saute the leafy tops of many root veggies, and they are delicious with a little olive oil and garlic!
Anyway, I went to the Oats Overnight website and clicked the vegan option on the shopping tab to avoid dairy products. Then I checked the ingredient list for whey and sucralose. These were the flavors I found that have none of these items:
Banana Bread
Blueberry Cobbler
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cacao Crunch
Maple Pancakes
Dark Chocolate Cherry
Chai Latte (contains caffeine)
I have all of these flavors with the exception of Banana Bread. The only one I've tried so far is the Dark Chocolate Cherry and it's fantastic!! Chewy oatmeal with bits of tart cherries and dark chocolate, yum!
I will gleefully move these flavors to the top of my testing list and give you an update :)

Please forgive my "duh" moment for not connecting that whey = dairy!
In the fridge now is the Blueberry Cobbler and it smells sooo good plus I see the blueberries plumping up!! Honestly I've never been so excited to eat oatmeal before, lol!

Last edited:
ok, I just tried a diy overnight oats recipe (from this video) I substituted several ingredients to whatever I had in the pantry, she used several nondairy ingredients while I used the cow version of the milk and protein powder. I must say it is quite tasty. I can see me eating this again. My husband said he liked it better than the hot oatmeal. It turned out thick in consistency but I had planned to eat it with a spoon anyway.

Latest posts

Back