Anyone tried Shopify?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacyspy

Reaction score
I've been researching different cart options, and I haven't been able to justify the cost, because I wouldn't use a lot of the options each company charges for. Plus, I don't want a website, or storefront, at this point. There's a plan called Shopify Lite, it's $9 a month. It puts a cart on my FB pages, and gives me a POS option for events.
Has anyone used or now use one of the versions of shopify? Any opinions, pros/cons?

Hey Stacyspy, I think that EcWid will allow you to add products to your Facebook or website for free (up to 10 products). I'm not sure how it compares to Shopify otherwise, but might be worth saving a few bucks if you're just as the "dipping your toes in the water" stage.

I had shopify for a number of months then switched to square register. It is so much easier to use and no monthly fee. I could never find the pick up option for online orders but square register is very straight forward. It's a POS system too which works great for shows. The only thing I would like different is to be able to load my store from the app.

Back