Anyone tried EO blends from WSP?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought some and I got them in the mail today. The smell great and they are strong. The Shampure blend really smells like Sampure... I am going to be putting them my soaps tomorrow.

NameThatCandy said:
I just found out that WSP sells EO blends, they seem good. Anyone tried them?

Thanks

Some of them aren't straight EO's — a few have carrier oils mixed in. So, before you buy, be sure you check. It's in the descriptions.

I did check with Debbie May and you are correct. Some do contain carrier oild like Sweet Almond that is what they tell you to use 3% instead...I'll let you know if everything turns out OK...

Garland68, did Debbie May give your the detail ingredient lists?

I am very interested in several blends. I also have the concern about the ingredients, coz some of my friends are allergic to certain EO and carrier oils.

No she did not give me exact list. But if you can call and I am sure they will. Well they sort of have to :)

I would love to know too, so please post what they reply back with :)

Thanks!!!

I've tried the Energizing EO blend and the Euphoria EO blend. Energizing is really awesome stuff, and I've gotten lots of good feedback on it. Euphoria is very flowery, kind of a more mature scent, I think of it as a "pretty" scent. They are very strong, too, so you don't use much.

Here is the Reply from WSP:

The ingredient list for our fragrance and essential oils are proprietary information and are not listed on our website. Some of our EO blends do have a natural carrier oil such as sweet almond to raise the flashpoint of the oil but we do not know which of our blends have them. Fragrance oil companies have a special exemption by the FDA from listing their ingredients. So, there is no way to give you this information.

BTW, sunflwrgrl7, how much ppo did u use for your soaps? Do you do CP?

thanks

I use WSP EO blends all the time.
In the spa: "Sleep Time" is the most popular scent chosen by my clients for facials and body treatments with "Lavender" coming in second. The same for my products, Sleep Time is the favorite then "Lavender". For my laundry detergent, "Energizing" is the most popular.
At home we keep a bowl of water on the heater to add moisture in the air. I like to add a couple of drops of "Headache Relief" it gives the house a mild clean and minty smell. It's very soothing. If it's been a particularily rough day I'll add an additional drop or two of "Lavender" for it's calming effects.

WSP is a bit stingy on giving up their ingredient lists, LOL! I tried asking the percentage of glycerin in a particular M&P base, and they said sorry that's proprietary. Darnit. That's their standard answer for a bunch of stuff.

At the moment, I only do M&P, though soon I might get the chance to venture into CP cuz we just moved and our new house has a seperate office/back house that I might be able to use to work with and store lye - my hubby won't let lye in the house because we have an 18-month-old. Oops, I sure got off track there - BACK to the question!

Since I've only done M&P so far, I measure with teaspoons and tablespoons - so this might not help much at all - but I was using 1/2 tsp per pound for the Energizing blend and 1/4 tsp per pound for the Euporia blend. So ROUGHLY, I was probably using .5% for the energizing and .25% for the euphoria, but I never weighed them.

thanks Chay and sunflwrgrl7.

I am interested in "Sleep Time" and "Euphoria". It is good to hear your experience with these blends. I also want to try Chamoile Neroli and Bladderwrack.

I think I will give it a try.

I have the Bladderwrack and Karma EO blends and they're both fabulous.

The Karma is supposed to smell like Lush's Karma fragrance and it doesn't really--I add tangerine eo to the soap to make it smell closer!

Latest posts

Back