Anyone make their own bath powder?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a cotton ball dabbed with the fo, placed inside the container of powder for a couple of days or more. Stir or shake the powder around occasionally. Surprising how much scent gets transferred. I don't think I've tried it with essential oils.

Thanks. I actually thought about the cotton ball trick. I did do some more research and found you basically add it into the powder and sift it in to blend it. But I did not find the % to powder so it will be a guess. I think I will start out with 1% and adjust from there.

I mix my eo's or fragrance with a small amount of Natrasorb tapioca powder in a sandwich bag and squish it around until its evenly distributed, Then I add some powder base to that and keep squishing and adding powder base until I'm satisfied that there are no clumps and it's fairly dry. Then I put put that into a gallon sized ziplock with enough powder base to fill my shakers. I can mix it really well in the bag without creating clouds of dust.

I mix my eo's or fragrance with a small amount of Natrasorb tapioca powder in a sandwich bag and squish it around until its evenly distributed, Then I add some powder base to that and keep squishing and adding powder base until I'm satisfied that there are no clumps and it's fairly dry. Then I put put that into a gallon sized ziplock with enough powder base to fill my shakers. I can mix it really well in the bag without creating clouds of dust.

What do you use for a powder base?

I started making my own after watching and learning from a custom perfume shop in New Orleans.
I add all my dry ingredients in a gallon freezer ziploc bag and stir them around with a chopstick / close the bag and shake the devil out of it like I'm making "Shake and Bake" chicken! Then I add the fragrance with a pipette, close the bag (while letting all of the air out), and squish, squish, squish until there are no lumps or even grains of FO/EO left. Then I squish some more just to be on the safe side and partly because it's pretty doggone fun :)
My recipe:
2 cups cornstarch
2T arrowroot powder
1T colloidal oatmeal
3mL fragrance

I use arrowroot, cornstarch, a little white clay, tapioca starch and fragrance.

I have made anti-fungal foot powder for my husband before, and the following method works very well for me.

First I mix up the EOs that I plan to use, so they are blended together.

Then I add all the dry ingredients to a mason jar, and stir gently to get them mixed.

I use a dropper to add the EOs to the dry mix, drizzling it around the same way you would add them to bath bomb mix. You want to spread them around a bit, but don't stress over it since you will have to mix more thoroughly anyway.

Then I cap the jar and shake the heck out of it till there are no more lumps. Several rounds of shaking are usually required.

Be sure to let all the dust settle inside the jar before opening, unless you wish to powder your entire room. ;)

Latest posts

Back