Anyone live in Southwestern Washington state?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lin19687

Reaction score
I've decided to make my last move to WA, from MA, and stay here for the rest of time. Got a Brother in Seattle but he's a city living type and I'm looking for at least 50 acres of nothing but grass and quiet.

I need some help finding towns to go look at when I fly out.
Anywhere below Tacoma to Vancouver, not in the mountains to the East and not ON the coast either.

I want some cattle (rotational grazing so pastures are important) and chickens, would like 50 acres, could be half woods.
Non political town... as in no signs or banners on every lawn in town. It just looks tacky. I'm middle of the 2 politically but don't talk politics or religion.
. Drug free as in no meth labs, pot shops, every neighbor smoking skunk smelling stuff all day and night- don't get me wrong, pots legal here in Massachusetts but I'm tired of not being able to open my windows due to the smell. And all the teenagers think it's fine to smoke it up and then drive like idiots .
. Outside city limits, in the country so I dont want to be IN Vancouver or Camas(?)
. Low taxes....I hear your towns/counties can add on a tax % to the states tax. MA doesn't do this so it's new for me.

. Internet? What do you all have out there for country folk, just satellite?

I'm 50 (female) and my 20 year old daughter will be coming for a while before moving to Japan in a few years.
I've not been to that part of the state and I'm not made of money. Job wise I'm in the medical field for humans or animals or any desk job, really I'm not picky just something that will pay the taxes

Also trying to figure out how much the reg/plates will cost me on my 2020 F-350 but I guess that depends on the county? I went to the registry site but without knowing what county and already being registered there I can't find out that info

So any Info would be great, even some links to websites would help. I've spent the last 4 days looking things up and not much in the market with acreage.

Thanks for your time

I've decided to make my last move to WA, from MA, and stay here for the rest of time. Got a Brother in Seattle but he's a city living type and I'm looking for at least 50 acres of nothing but grass and quiet.

I need some help finding towns to go look at when I fly out.
Anywhere below Tacoma to Vancouver, not in the mountains to the East and not ON the coast either.

I want some cattle (rotational grazing so pastures are important) and chickens, would like 50 acres, could be half woods.
Non political town... as in no signs or banners on every lawn in town. It just looks tacky. I'm middle of the 2 politically but don't talk politics or religion.
. Drug free as in no meth labs, pot shops, every neighbor smoking skunk smelling stuff all day and night- don't get me wrong, pots legal here in Massachusetts but I'm tired of not being able to open my windows due to the smell. And all the teenagers think it's fine to smoke it up and then drive like idiots .
. Outside city limits, in the country so I dont want to be IN Vancouver or Camas(?)
. Low taxes....I hear your towns/counties can add on a tax % to the states tax. MA doesn't do this so it's new for me.

. Internet? What do you all have out there for country folk, just satellite?

I'm 50 (female) and my 20 year old daughter will be coming for a while before moving to Japan in a few years.
I've not been to that part of the state and I'm not made of money. Job wise I'm in the medical field for humans or animals or any desk job, really I'm not picky just something that will pay the taxes

Also trying to figure out how much the reg/plates will cost me on my 2020 F-350 but I guess that depends on the county? I went to the registry site but without knowing what county and already being registered there I can't find out that info

So any Info would be great, even some links to websites would help. I've spent the last 4 days looking things up and not much in the market with acreage.

Thanks for your time
Have you tried posting in and reading the WA threads in city-data.com? We’ve used that site extensively for several different moves, and it is always a gold mine, esp for less populated areas like you are seeking.

Best wishes for a wonderful move to your dream spot. 🤗

Have you tried posting in and reading the WA threads in city-data.com? We’ve used that site extensively for several different moves, and it is always a gold mine, esp for less populated areas like you are seeking.

Best wishes for a wonderful move to your dream spot. 🤗
I've been reading in there too but have not posted anything yet.

Latest posts

Back