Anyone know of any good wholesale supplier for essential oils?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a tad off-topic, but not entirely. I just purchased three FO from New Directions Aromatics and they came in clear plastic bottles! I was shocked, to say the least. Is this the new normal?

Unfortunately, the pandemic has led to a lot of shortages as we come to realize how dependent we are on China for a lot of our manufacturing of day-to-day goods.

Every one of the bottles I tossed today was brown, blue, or aluminum? Does this mean that I now have to buy my own dark bottles to store my EOs and FOs in?

Yes...if you can find them. If you haven't already, I'd go digging through your trash for those bottles you toss.

I've had good luck with Green Health (wfmed), Nature's Garden and New Directions Aromatics. WFMed has great prices and extremely fast shipping. Be sure to check the reviews, I really didn't like a few, including Rosemary. For lavender, fir needle, tea tree and eucalyptus they are my go to. Nature's Garden has a surprisingly large and well-priced selection of essential oils and I've been extremely happy with all of them. And, woot woot, I found 5x orange essential oil, which I can't find from other suppliers (worldwide shortage). NDA is always reliable but there's a $100 minimum order.

I only make CP salt soap for right now, in love with well-cured salt soap.

Whatever you do, I HIGHLY discourage NOW Foods in CP soap. Every single one I've tried has caused my soap to rice or worse, have had to throw out too many batches. I reserve their oils I have left for salves, emulsified sugar scrubs and anything else besides soap. Hope this is helpful!
NOW Foods sells essentials oils as a “loss leader” product. I have never had a problem with any of their oils. Which ones caused you problems?

I misspoke. I've never used NOW essential oils, it was Sun essential oils that seized on me every time. Rosemary, fir needle, peppermint, even lavender. I keep them around for purposes that aren't soap.

My 3 favorite EO companies are the same ones as mentioned before ...
New Directions Aromatics
Camden Grey
Liberty Naturals

I've had some good FOs and bad FOs from both NDA & CG ... but FOs seem to be a hit-or-miss for me anywhere! lol Haven't ordered from NDA since last year and their FO were bottled in glass at the time. CG puts their FOs in plastic, but their EOs have always been in glass. UNLESS you order an 8oz bottle - then they use some kind of dark brown plastic ... supposed to be better than other kinds I guess.
Liberty Naturals ... love-hate this company. LOVE their oils & prices ... HATE their shipping policy with a passion!!! They won't charge you for shipping until AFTER they ship (up to a week after you order), and they way over package, causing the cost to be 2x as a similar order from NDA! Ughh!

Last year I also discovered Wellington. Their EO selection isn't the largest, but all the ones I ordered from them were top notch! I'll be using them as one of my go-to suppliers as well now. I miss Rainbow Meadow!

All depends on where you are based.

If in the US, there are many good suppliers such as New Directions, Mountain Rose Herbs,etc

Its outside the US that is an issue. From my experience this company, Moksha, ships worldwide and has good reviews as well. They are distillers who have started retailing in smaller packs recently and also have local offices in the US, Europe, UK and Russia.

Here are links to their international store for reference:

Essential Oils
Hydrosols
Carrier Oils
Fragrance Oils (Phthalate & Paraben Free)

They also ship to the US but I only recommend where you dont find similar products/prices in the States. Here is the link for their Essential Oil Store in the US.

All depends on where you are based.

If in the US, there are many good suppliers such as New Directions, Mountain Rose Herbs,etc

Its outside the US that is an issue. From my experience this company, Moksha, ships worldwide and has good reviews as well. They are distillers who have started retailing in smaller packs recently and also have local offices in the US, Europe, UK and Russia.

Here are links to their international store for reference:

Essential Oils
Hydrosols
Carrier Oils
Fragrance Oils (Phthalate & Paraben Free)

They also ship to the US but I only recommend where you dont find similar products/prices in the States. Here is the link for their Essential Oil Store in the US.
Do you have an association with this company that is headquartered in New Delhi India?

I've had good luck with Green Health (wfmed), Nature's Garden and New Directions Aromatics. WFMed has great prices and extremely fast shipping. Be sure to check the reviews, I really didn't like a few, including Rosemary. For lavender, fir needle, tea tree and eucalyptus they are my go to. Nature's Garden has a surprisingly large and well-priced selection of essential oils and I've been extremely happy with all of them. And, woot woot, I found 5x orange essential oil, which I can't find from other suppliers (worldwide shortage). NDA is always reliable but there's a $100 minimum order.

I only make CP salt soap for right now, in love with well-cured salt soap.

Whatever you do, I HIGHLY discourage NOW Foods in CP soap. Every single one I've tried has caused my soap to rice or worse, have had to throw out too many batches. I reserve their oils I have left for salves, emulsified sugar scrubs and anything else besides soap. Hope this is helpful!
If their oils did that to your soaps why in the world would you use them in your other products?????
NOW I’d famous for selling adulterated oils. I would never suggest using their products.

Back