Anyone know of any good wholesale supplier for essential oils?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I completely understand how your feeling. Buying something that price should come with a proper container. I am just realizing that some companies also are taking advantage. I've checked out all the websites everyone have recommended and each are different in prices. New Directions Aromatic isn't bad with their pricing and shipping is all that bad. Plus, I'm looking for local suppliers.
I live in WI, we don't have any local suppliers unless you consider wallyworld or Whole Foods a supplier! I used to get a lot of stuff from a place in Washington State and a place called Southern Soapers. Haven't even looked yet for those folks! I'm still trying to find the cooktop that I use! I finally opened the box where my scale was, I am almost there. Can hardly wait to start again.

I love Camden-Grey, I use them for all of my essential oils. I have tried nearly all the wholesale suppliers and none of them are as wonderful in smell, strength, quality, and price. If you don't want plastic containers to buy in the one-pound sizes, if you purchase a 10 pound you will get a plastic jug that you need to transfer into glass or bullet bottles.
I use Camden-Gray as well. Good price, great essential Oils and fragrance oils. I also like them because they are local for me!

This is a tad off-topic, but not entirely. I just purchased three FO from New Directions Aromatics and they came in clear plastic bottles! I was shocked, to say the least. Is this the new normal? Every one of the bottles I tossed today was brown, blue, or aluminum? Does this mean that I now have to buy my own dark bottles to store my EOs and FOs in?
My last order from New directions was in aluminum. Maybe we should keep our dark bottles in the future.? Our world is changing every day.

I am currently in the process of starting my own soaping business but I'm lost for some good suppliers. As far as carrier oils I'm good but finding a good wholesale suppliers for essential oils is hard. I've read countless books on soaping making but no one give any good suppliers for certain thing. So, if anyone know of a supplier for essential can you please, please let me know!!
I really love Camden Gray too, but this past year I've noticed their EO to filler oil ratio has gone up. I'd rather they'd kept the same ratio and made the bottles smaller. What I mean is this: there used to be some "Filler" along with the EO in each bottle, but now it's more filler per ounce. Still, best that I have found in the USA.

I live in WI, we don't have any local suppliers unless you consider wallyworld or Whole Foods a supplier! I used to get a lot of stuff from a place in Washington State and a place called Southern Soapers. Haven't even looked yet for those folks! I'm still trying to find the cooktop that I use! I finally opened the box where my scale was, I am almost there. Can hardly wait to start again.
Sounds like your getting excited again😅. I'm moving back to Texas in 3 weeks so I've been trying to find supplier locally just in case but I get iffy when I cant find any review. Majority of the supplier I've found are on the east and west.

I am currently in the process of starting my own soaping business but I'm lost for some good suppliers. As far as carrier oils I'm good but finding a good wholesale suppliers for essential oils is hard. I've read countless books on soaping making but no one give any good suppliers for certain thing. So, if anyone know of a supplier for essential can you please, please let me know!!
I buy from Lebermuth or The Perfumery. Both are excellent and reputable companies.

I buy from Lebermuth or The Perfumery. Both are excellent and reputable companies.
I'd love to order from Lebermuth, but cannot justify the $500 minimum order.

Two soapers in another thread (titled Frankincense and Myrrh, I think?) were hoping to find a few people to go in on an order together since they cannot meet the minimum either. If you regularly place orders from there, they'd probably be glad to pay a bit of a premium if you were willing to order with them.

@The Park Bench Today I actually found the perfumery. I was trying to see their prices and couldn't because I needed to apply for an account. Plus, there is a minimum of $500 dollar purchase. Which, is bonkers because I'm just starting out so spending that much is kind of not smart. I was just about create a forums to ask if anyone knows about them but luckily this threads answers all my questions without having to post. I'm going to check them out but probably not ordering that much much for now but if they sell other stuff I wouldnt mind spending 500. Since m, I would be spending around that much to order in bulk.

There are lots and lots of brown glass bottles on Amazon and Uline. I bought a dozen from Amazon a few years ago and I just wash and re-use. They are not expensive, and even if you crack a lid, you can buy replacements.

I buy my oils at av-at.com. I’m an aromatherapist so using for therapeutic use rather than fragrant ingredients. I also end up paying through the nose for shipping unfortunately as I live in New Zealand. I can certainly see why so many people use fragrances, rather than essential oils in soaps and I hate admitting that being a staunch essential oil fan, lol

I buy my EOs almost exclusively from Camden Grey. They are not the cheapest, but their quality is first class.

I've had good luck with Green Health (wfmed), Nature's Garden and New Directions Aromatics. WFMed has great prices and extremely fast shipping. Be sure to check the reviews, I really didn't like a few, including Rosemary. For lavender, fir needle, tea tree and eucalyptus they are my go to. Nature's Garden has a surprisingly large and well-priced selection of essential oils and I've been extremely happy with all of them. And, woot woot, I found 5x orange essential oil, which I can't find from other suppliers (worldwide shortage). NDA is always reliable but there's a $100 minimum order.

I only make CP salt soap for right now, in love with well-cured salt soap.

Whatever you do, I HIGHLY discourage NOW Foods in CP soap. Every single one I've tried has caused my soap to rice or worse, have had to throw out too many batches. I reserve their oils I have left for salves, emulsified sugar scrubs and anything else besides soap. Hope this is helpful!

Check out manorgroveoils.co.uk we are a small family run busniess supplying essential oils and other natural products

They are sitting in a tub, and tomorrow I am going out and drain all my bottles and soak some of them in boiling hot soapy water and clean them squeaky clean, toss some alcohol in each one to rid them of any residue, and as I get new EO's and FO's I will use my old bottles. For the cost of these oils, you would think they would be packaged in real brown glass. I must be getting old and too fussy!
Totally understand' when i get FO in plastic bottles (which is standard ) im not happy about it. If I receive EO in "plastic bottle's I wont buy from them again" 💫😉.

I've had good luck with Green Health (wfmed), Nature's Garden and New Directions Aromatics. WFMed has great prices and extremely fast shipping. Be sure to check the reviews, I really didn't like a few, including Rosemary. For lavender, fir needle, tea tree and eucalyptus they are my go to. Nature's Garden has a surprisingly large and well-priced selection of essential oils and I've been extremely happy with all of them. And, woot woot, I found 5x orange essential oil, which I can't find from other suppliers (worldwide shortage). NDA is always reliable but there's a $100 minimum order.

Whatever you do, I HIGHLY discourage NOW Foods in CP soap. Every single one I've tried has caused my soap to rice or worse, have had to throw out too many batches. I reserve their oils I have left for salves, emulsified sugar scrubs and anything else besides soap. Hope this is helpful!
New Directions does not have a $100 minimum.

Check out manorgroveoils.co.uk we are a small family run busniess supplying essential oils and other natural products
Hello manorgrove.
Living in Europe, years ago I used to buy EO from an English company called the Pennine collection that later closed down and sold the business to another company called E-essentials.
Are you the same people?
Sorry to ask.

Back