Anyone know of any good wholesale supplier for essential oils?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monab

Reaction score
I am currently in the process of starting my own soaping business but I'm lost for some good suppliers. As far as carrier oils I'm good but finding a good wholesale suppliers for essential oils is hard. I've read countless books on soaping making but no one give any good suppliers for certain thing. So, if anyone know of a supplier for essential can you please, please let me know!!

I don't use many EO in soap, but I do use a lot of them for other things. My favorite place to buy essential oils is from Mountain Rose Herbs. They have oils that you can't find anywhere else (in one place), but they are pricey, but worth the cost imo. I have been ordering from them since the 90's. And I think you can start a business acct with them. I haven't looked into it, so I am not sure what their terms are.

The only one that I use regularly in soap is Lavender 40/42, I buy that from WSP usually. I have also gotten it from Brambleberry, and I am happy with both. BB just takes too long for delivery.

I don't use many EO in soap, but I do use a lot of them for other things. My favorite place to buy essential oils is from Mountain Rose Herbs. They have oils that you can't find anywhere else (in one place), but they are pricey, but worth the cost imo. I have been ordering from them since the 90's. And I think you can start a business acct with them. I haven't looked into it, so I am not sure what their terms are.

The only one that I use regularly in soap is Lavender 40/42, I buy that from WSP usually. I have also gotten it from Brambleberry, and I am happy with both. BB just takes too long for delivery.
I think all essential oil are very pricey at this point. Ice checked out brambleberry but they have a limited stock of essential oils. So, for now I will check out the places you mention. I forgot about those because shipping to hawaii is a pretty penny. Plus, I'll check out mountain rose herbs. If not I believe FO shouldn't be too bad to use if I can't find what I'm looking for but thank again for reply.👍👍

Before buying from Bulk Apothecary, you might want to search some of the threads on this forum. A few here have had bad experiences with them. I second cmzaha's list, and the recommendation to use FOs if the bulk cost or limited scents of EOs make them non-feasible.

Before buying from Bulk Apothecary, you might want to search some of the threads on this forum. A few here have had bad experiences with them. I second cmzaha's list, and the recommendation to use FOs if the bulk cost or limited scents of EOs make them non-feasible.
I buy quite a bit from Bulk Apothecary. I have not had any bad experiences with their quality or customer service. However, they are out of stock quite a bit and when they are out, they are out a long time. Other than that, I like their prices, they ship quickly and their customer service has always been good to me.

This is a tad off-topic, but not entirely. I just purchased three FO from New Directions Aromatics and they came in clear plastic bottles! I was shocked, to say the least. Is this the new normal? Every one of the bottles I tossed today was brown, blue, or aluminum? Does this mean that I now have to buy my own dark bottles to store my EOs and FOs in?

I’m sure they are less expensive but you can not put Essential Oils in Plastic. They will breakdown the Plastic and leak. Perhaps you should recycle your old bottles or purchase them from someone who still offer dark glass or Aluminum.

I would think the a shortage of bottles may be seen due to china issues. I shop close to home for shipping fees which can be expensive. Wholesale sup plus in Ohio ships free with $30.00. They charge $6.00 handling fee. I wish fo and do weren’t so $$$$.

This is a tad off-topic, but not entirely. I just purchased three FO from New Directions Aromatics and they came in clear plastic bottles! I was shocked, to say the least. Is this the new normal? Every one of the bottles I tossed today was brown, blue, or aluminum? Does this mean that I now have to buy my own dark bottles to store my EOs and FOs in?
Sorry to inform you but many times FO's will come in clear plastic bottles. Just store them in a dark cool cabinet and EO's from some suppliers will come in dark plastic bottles. It is not uncommon. NDA usually ships EO in Coated Aluminum and their EO's last just fine.

I personally do not have much luck with NDA FO's but I like their EO's. Bulk Apothecary, I will not purchase from. I would purchase FO's from NG before NDA, to be honest, and do.

I am currently in the process of starting my own soaping business but I'm lost for some good suppliers. As far as carrier oils I'm good but finding a good wholesale suppliers for essential oils is hard. I've read countless books on soaping making but no one give any good suppliers for certain thing. So, if anyone know of a supplier for essential can you please, please let me know!!
I love Camden-Grey, I use them for all of my essential oils. I have tried nearly all the wholesale suppliers and none of them are as wonderful in smell, strength, quality, and price. If you don't want plastic containers to buy in the one-pound sizes, if you purchase a 10 pound you will get a plastic jug that you need to transfer into glass or bullet bottles.

I love Camden-Grey, I use them for all of my essential oils. I have tried nearly all the wholesale suppliers and none of them are as wonderful in smell, strength, quality, and price. If you don't want plastic containers to buy in the one-pound sizes, if you purchase a 10 pound you will get a plastic jug that you need to transfer into glass or bullet bottles.
I will check them out right now. I've been looking so hard to find one that is a decent price.

Mountain Rose Herbs is really too pricey for purchasing EO's for soaping. These are my favorites, although I mostly use fragrance oils for soaping. When selling customers usually buy for smells and EO's are too expensive and limiting. I have actually had some bad smelling EO's from WSP other than their Grapefruit EO's.
Camden Grey for Lavender 40/42
New Directions Aromatics

Liberty Natural Products - The Essential Oil Source
I just ordered several bottles of FO's and a few EO from Camden Grey and I sure hope they don't come in clear plastic bottles! Not only am I going to go broke on buying all new oils, but it is also going to be worse if I have to buy brown/blue bottles to store them in. My oils go on racks not in a cupboard as I have a small, compact soaping space.

I’m sure they are less expensive but you can not put Essential Oils in Plastic. They will breakdown the Plastic and leak. Perhaps you should recycle your old bottles or purchase them from someone who still offer dark glass or Aluminum.
They are sitting in a tub, and tomorrow I am going out and drain all my bottles and soak some of them in boiling hot soapy water and clean them squeaky clean, toss some alcohol in each one to rid them of any residue, and as I get new EO's and FO's I will use my old bottles. For the cost of these oils, you would think they would be packaged in real brown glass. I must be getting old and too fussy!

I am happy to see that a lot of you folks are using Camden-Grey as I used to purchase quite a bit from her but when I looked at her website a few weeks ago most of the ratings were really old and I was a little leary of purchasing from them again. Glad their business is still top-notch.

They are sitting in a tub, and tomorrow I am going out and drain all my bottles and soak some of them in boiling hot soapy water and clean them squeaky clean, toss some alcohol in each one to rid them of any residue, and as I get new EO's and FO's I will use my old bottles. For the cost of these oils, you would think they would be packaged in real brown glass. I must be getting old and too fussy!
I completely understand how your feeling. Buying something that price should come with a proper container. I am just realizing that some companies also are taking advantage. I've checked out all the websites everyone have recommended and each are different in prices. New Directions Aromatic isn't bad with their pricing and shipping is all that bad. Plus, I'm looking for local suppliers.

Back