Anyone know how to teach spelling?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Spelling is intuitive to me, so I can't help anyone else learn. There's tons of workbooks out there, but after reading through many of them I find them unorganized, unfocused - and that only people who find spelling easy would benefit from them.

What are you looking for? As angry as I stay with my sister I have to say she is a fantastic teacher. In fact, she is going to be helping with my 6yr granddaughter and her reading. This is the one that is homeschooled and my daughter is having trouble with her reading. My sister excelled and taught special reading and spelling classes in the library at the school she taught at before retiring. I am sure she would love to talk to you. I do separate the family issues and give credit where credit is due. My sis is also California K12 credited along with AZ. Not sure if you remember but I am in Whittier so not a huge distance from you.

What are you looking for? As angry as I stay with my sister I have to say she is a fantastic teacher. In fact, she is going to be helping with my 6yr granddaughter and her reading. This is the one that is homeschooled and my daughter is having trouble with her reading. My sister excelled and taught special reading and spelling classes in the library at the school she taught at before retiring. I am sure she would love to talk to you. I do separate the family issues and give credit where credit is due. My sis is also California K12 credited along with AZ. Not sure if you remember but I am in Whittier so not a huge distance from you.

At the very least, I want her to learn the basics that make a person look at least partially educated....such as dropping e to add ing, and others. I need an organized curriculum because I don’t know how to do this and when I stumble through a lesson, she becomes irritated. (She thinks spellcheck is enough)

I would love to hear what your sister says, if she’s agreeable. Don’t risk any family discord though!!!

I will be seeing my sister tomorrow. I know there is a lot available thru homeschooling channels. You might also give my daughter a call. PM me if you are interested. My daughter knows the resources for the curriculum.

Back