anyone know how to soothe a mosquito bite??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanT

Reaction score
I have like a 100 from the 4th of july and Im going to scratch a hole in my leg if it doesnt stop itching soon... AGHHH! help!!?!?!

alright...:) ill try anything right now!! my legs are sooo itchy!!

Another good thing that helps is this little device:

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.as ... 51&p=56666

We have one and it really does help to take the itch away. I got a bite on my back a few weeks ago and it was itching like crazy. I gave the bite 2 or 3 consecutive 20 second zaps with the device (with about 20 seconds rest in between each zap) and the itch went away all day long (for about 16 hours straight). It did return later that night, but I zapped it again and got another 16 hour or so gap of perfect peace. In total, I only had to zap once in the morning and once at night for 2 days in a row, and that was it. I love our little zapper.

IrishLass

I'm not sure how to prevent it because I never get them and I think its because I use patchouli soap alot. You could try putting lavender EO directly on the bite.

Hiya Ian,

You could also try making a small paste in the palm of your hand,of baking soda and water. Then dab it on let it dry.
I've heard eating a banana helps repel those little pests,something about potassium in the blood stream.

Munky :)

Thanks for the advice! :)

going to try all of them and see which one works the best (I think this is natures friendly reminder that I have not met my daily garlic intake...) lol

Need to start eating looooooooooots of garlic again :)

oooh that zap thing looks cool...alright ive got a couple of batteries, Im going to see what I can rig up right now :)....lets pray i dont electrocute myself :D

Back