Anyone know a really good lemon EO or FO?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachael

Reaction score
I want to make a lemon soap and to my surprise I am not coming up with too much for a 100% straight up lemon EO or FO. Plenty of lemon blends, sure but nothing completely lemon. I found a Meyer Lemon one on Bramble Berry but it gets kind of mediocre reviews. Anyone know of a trusted supplier/a tried and true lemon scent? Especially something designed for CP that isn't going to fade like citrus has a tendency to... maybe an FO would be best. Having really good luck with my Orange 10x from BB but darn it, not as easy to find lemon. Did not think it would be this difficult. :) thanks all.

Natures garden has a lemon FO that I use and really like. Its a bit sweeter then lemon EO, the cured soap kinda smells like lemon head candies.
No floral or vanilla at all, just nice lemon. It discolors to a very, very light yellow.

Lemon Slices FO from AHRE is nice and "lemon-y" and less sweet/more tart than lemongrass or litsea EOs, quite strong so be careful, but it will fade over time like all citrus. No D, but as far as A, I've only used it in blends for citrus or lemon lavender soap (really popular), so I can't say there won't be any acceleration if used alone.

Last edited:
I got some Lemon EO from Nature's Garden but it fades pretty fast. I've managed to get it to hang in a little longer by letting it sit mixed with Kaolin Clay for about a week. But I have to say it has a limited shelf life of about 6 months if that. I have soap from years ago that still have scent but the lemon soap I made a year ago doesn't really smell like anything.

Latest posts

Back