Anyone just have a bad month with the creating?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelissaG

Reaction score
The last couple weeks haven't been too good soaping wise so I'd just like something to go right. I've got soaps that are going to take forever to set (one took nearly a week to unmold and it's still soft), a set of bombs I couldn't use because I couldn't get them out of the molds when I added too much water because the container slipped in my hand, one soap whose scent just went poof, a soap that hardened on the bottom but was soft like whipped cream on the top, etc. I have no idea if it's weather change or what. I've had to reformulate my soap and I'm hoping the change works.

So three weeks ago, I had my best sales day ever and now I feel very frustrated. I love creating and problems occasionally after almost two years are expected but this many is a bit surprising.

Confession: I haven't made soap in the last > 2 weeks. Maybe I haven't missed out too much. 😵🤭

(On the other hand, that makes my November a “bad month” just as well.)

I do seem to go in streaks of good soaping mojo, followed by a few, um, less than spectacular outcomes. If I could figure out why, I'd be sure to share it with y'all. Till then, I'm guessing it is something or a combo of somethings from @Ford's list.

Back