Anyone have this mold?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckscent

Reaction score
https://nurturesoap.com/collections...pound-double-premium-mold?variant=20033051782

I just got it and did my first soap in it. I started cutting and i noticed the bars are super wide. Well my stupid butt didn't look at the deminsions when I bought it I just "assumed" it said s the same size as the rest of mine, yea, I know I know. So these are a full inch wider than my regular bars and are 8.2-8.6 oz versus my 5.0-5.5

Do people like these bigger bars? When I start sellin ng will they sell ok?

Last edited:
I've got two of the 7lb version which produces 3.5"H x 3.25"W bars (only 1/4" narrower than yours). I used them for the first time very recently so the soaps haven't finished curing yet. They do seem bigger and chunkier than what I'm used to. My favorite Nurture mold is the 2.5lb tall & skinny . . . those bars are the perfect size for my hands.

I have the 2.5 lb loaf which makes bars 3.5 wide x 2.5 high, and cut them to be about 1.25" thick. I also have the tall & skinny mold which is 2.5 wide and taller than 3.5, so I just calculate my recipes to fill to the 3.5 height and the bars are consistent in size.

To make smaller bars in your mold, figure out the height you want your bars to be. The width and length of the mold are fixed, so the height is the only variable you have to work with. Then:

W x H x L gives you the total volume. Multiply the volume by .4, and that is the weight of the OILS to use for your batch.

I have the 2.5 lb loaf which makes bars 3.5 wide x 2.5 high, and cut them to be about 1.25" thick. I also have the tall & skinny mold which is 2.5 wide and taller than 3.5, so I just calculate my recipes to fill to the 3.5 height and the bars are consistent in size.

To make smaller bars in your mold, figure out the height you want your bars to be. The width and length of the mold are fixed, so the height is the only variable you have to work with. Then:

W x H x L gives you the total volume. Multiply the volume by .4, and that is the weight of the OILS to use for your batch.

The height seemd to be fine, it's the width.... And it might be fine, I just don't like it

The height seemd to be fine, it's the width.... And it might be fine, I just don't like it

If the height seems fine (at 3.5 inches) but the width is an inch wider than your normal bars, and that is what you don't like, what I was trying to say is only fill your mold 2.5 inches with batter. So instead of making bars that are 2.5 wide x 3.5 tall, you would be making bars that are 3.5 wide x 2.5 tall. Unless there is a particular reason that won't work for you that I am missing...I still need more coffee. I'd just hate for you to not be able to use that mold.

If the height seems fine (at 3.5 inches) but the width is an inch wider than your normal bars, and that is what you don't like, what I was trying to say is only fill your mold 2.5 inches with batter. So instead of making bars that are 2.5 wide x 3.5 tall, you would be making bars that are 3.5 wide x 2.5 tall. Unless there is a particular reason that won't work for you that I am missing...I still need more coffee. I'd just hate for you to not be able to use that mold.

Exactly, then the bars (when turned on their side) would be 2.5 wide by 3.5 tall. You'd just have to plan your designs expecting to have them flipped. You wouldn't do a pipped or high top because that would be the side of the bar. I'm kind of facing that issue right now. I bought a mold that is 3.5 x 3.5; my cutter is 1.5. That's going to make a huge bar of soap. If I only pour to the 2.5 mark, then it will be a "tall & skinny" bar that's been flipped on it's side. I've got to remember that when creating designs. My tiger stripe pour will end up going horizontally instead of vertically. How will that effect the overall look of the design? It just arrived yesterday, I haven't used it yet. I'm going to make a batch later today when I get my November challenge colors mixed. Should be interesting. The cool thing about this mold is there is an insert to make a T&S out of it. So there's really three (maybe four) molds in one. Quite clever.

Worst Case I can use it for just plain/colored goat's milk soap that has no design, just solid color and scented

I have 6 of her 7 lb molds and love them. I don't fill them to the top but I like the extra headspace. I have wood lids that i cover them with. Soap comes out with no issues at all. I just release the mold and then turn it upside down and press on the bottom. Quality product.

Latest posts

Back