Anyone have good tutorials on how to do a hanger swirl?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lashon20

Reaction score
This is my second attempt at trying and not sure what I did wrong. I think I might have swirl it too many times. I can't seem to get it right. I should've kept.it as a drop swirl instead I guess.

Attachments

• IMG20230426111214.jpg
    IMG20230426111214.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
Hi @Lashon20 - first off, lovely soap! I’m not sure what you wanted it to look like, but it’s sure pretty, as is 🥰

I typically check Soap Queen, here’s a link to several hanger swirl tutorials: You searched for Hanger swirl - Soap Queen

Also, I love learning from Lisa of I Dream in Soap - check her YT channel. Here’s a link to one:

I do think less can be more with the hanger - lesson learned for me, too. 🌸

This is my second attempt at trying and not sure what I did wrong. I think I might have swirl it too many times. I can't seem to get it right. I should've kept.it as a drop swirl instead I guess.
Goodness, that looks beautiful to me! A lot of how it turns out depends on your level of trace, for sure, as well as how much you swirl, and the diameter of your swirl tool.

I agree with @dmcgee5034's recommendation for watching the linked tutorials. Another wonderful channel with a lot of hanger swirls is Eve's Garden Soaps. She doesn't give tutorials per se, but you can check out the level of trace, how she layers in the soap, and how much she swirls.

Hi @Lashon20 - first off, lovely soap! I’m not sure what you wanted it to look like, but it’s sure pretty, as is 🥰

I typically check Soap Queen, here’s a link to several hanger swirl tutorials: You searched for Hanger swirl - Soap Queen

Also, I love learning from Lisa of I Dream in Soap - check her YT channel. Here’s a link to one:

I do think less can be more with the hanger - lesson learned for me, too. 🌸

Thanks

Goodness, that looks beautiful to me! A lot of how it turns out depends on your level of trace, for sure, as well as how much you swirl, and the diameter of your swirl tool.

I agree with @dmcgee5034's recommendation for watching the linked tutorials. Another wonderful channel with a lot of hanger swirls is Eve's Garden Soaps. She doesn't give tutorials per se, but you can check out the level of trace, how she layers in the soap, and how much she swirls.
Thanks

You have beautiful soap there!! Congratulations!

Do you gel? I'm just asking because the colors seem muted. For me, gelling intensifies the colors and also makes for better definition between colors if that makes sense.

I'm at work now and don't have time to search on this forum, but Ione (with a capital 'i') has a YouTube for her hanger swirl, I think she calls it Cherry something.

I recently tossed my clothes hanger and now only use a gear tie.

You have beautiful soap there!! Congratulations!

Do you gel? I'm just asking because the colors seem muted. For me, gelling intensifies the colors and also makes for better definition between colors if that makes sense.

I'm at work now and don't have time to search on this forum, but Ione (with a capital 'i') has a YouTube for her hanger swirl, I think she calls it Cherry something.

I recently tossed my clothes hanger and now only use a gear tie.
No I don't gel because I tried doing the cpop and my soap cracked. I might try it again. Thanks!

Back