anyone have a shop around CFL?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanT

Freemason, Maker, Father, Mover & Shaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just curious...Looking for a rewarding job/career and I figured if I can get into a soap shop and help out that would be kind of cool...especially if it was someone from the forum!...

Been kind of rough with the job situation lately, I broke away from the restaurant industry because I just couldnt do it anymore...long hours, low wage, being treated like an indentured servant...Was going to work at this local nonprofit but they apparently put the hiring process on hold (I was SOOOO close!) because of the present state of the US economy, which I understand...however it is quite frustrating!

Its like Ive been searching everywhere for a rewarding career only to come up emptyhanded from my search.. :(

Anyone else having this type of trouble??

Thinking of making a career of soaping huh? That is my dream....but I'm not motivated enough.

I can't help ya out, don't live anywhere near ya, but I just wanted to say that's how the BUG bit me. I got a "bookkeeper" job in a soap store. Then the woman who they hired right before me to run the place (because both of the owners had other work/jobs) quit, so I got her job.....it was my mostist, favoritist job I ever had! I learned so much (mostly about M&P, but some CP) while working there for over a year. They closed up shop but the BUG had already gotten me. I didn't leave on very good terms either, but I'm so glad that I had that opportunity.

If nothing else...soaping saves my sanity....it's my creative outlet...I love to drive people crazy with my "soap talk!"

Good luck to ya Ian. Hope you find something...soon.

LYE EYE :shock:

Ian, we lived in Kissimmee for 4 years, just moved back to MO a year ago. I know you are around Orlando, and I know a few contacts down in O-Town! :) I'll look up the info and get back to you. There is a big soap maker in Orlando. She sells literaly tons of soap each year.
Best of luck, mate!

Paul

that would be awesome paul I would reaaaaaaaally appreciate it!!

Going on a quick little vacation/job back home in NY for a week or so... There are a few opportunities with Cornell that I am going to look into, but I would LOVE to make soapmaking a career if I was able to!

Thanks Paul!

IanT

Latest posts

Back